What's new

12/17 Firmware update - Sleep issue seems resolved

ericspt

I did the 12-17 firmware update yesterday and since then wake from sleep has worked 100 percent of the time within 1-2 seconds of opening the laptop and hitting a key.

I have never seen it react that fast before. I did get one INT_POWER BSOD from what I can tell it went to sleep in regular mode, then woke up in energy saver, ran for 2-3 seconds then crashed.

It says it fixes keyboard/mouse issues, and I do notice the 2 finger response is better. Before you could always zoom in but when trying to zoom in it would not pick it up unless you went out, then in, in 1 motion.

Seems to be getting closer and the cynic in me says the apology was a timed event. 'We apologize then miraculously a day later here is the fix'.

I did the 12-17 firmware update yesterday and since then wake from sleep has worked 100 percent of the time within 1-2 seconds of opening the laptop and hitting a key.

I have never seen it react that fast before. I did get one INT_POWER BSOD from what I can tell it went to sleep in regular mode, then woke up in energy saver, ran for 2-3 seconds then crashed.

It says it fixes keyboard/mouse issues, and I do notice the 2 finger response is better. Before you could always zoom in but when trying to zoom in it would not pick it up unless you went out, then in, in 1 motion.

Seems to be getting closer and the cynic in me says the apology was a timed event. 'We apologize then miraculously a day later here is the fix'.

Looking forward to it, but it's downloading painfully slow.

Seneleron

Is this an incremental push out? I got a system HARDWARE update on the 17th [looked it up, it was related to keyboard issues] but no firmware update.