What's new

256/512 pre-orders delayed until Dec15?

rtibbitts

I ordered a 256/8 SP2 and my status is showing "Order In Process". I spoke to customer service earlier and they did say that he was scheduled for delivery by October 22. Giddyup!

Amazon.com: Snugg Microsoft Surface 1 & 2 Leather Wallet Case in Black for RT and Pro - High Quality Case with Card Slot, Pocket and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior: Computers & Accessories

41Yg-m8KCvL._SX385_.jpg

I liked the brown leather look.

Hawaii is prepared. NOT. On Facebook they were going to be open on 21st from 10-12am for the Surface. Now it's nowhere to be found. No comments or anything. I can see some pretty ticked off people showing up to the store and they are closed.

Also, I pre-ordered at the store. They don't take a pre-payment. And nothing on the receipt says when I'm supposed to get the Surface Pro 2 256gb that I ordered. When I called the store to ask, they said I will get it on the 22nd. I asked them how do they know as nothing on the pre order receipt says anything on a date. She put me on hold and comes back to say, they MIGHT get a shipment in that week, but don't know because of a tropical storm might delay it. Which in itself is funny as weather for Monday looks clear.

rubaxter

Just returned mine, then THIS bomb drops with no info from Best Buy on how their orders will be affected.

Seeing as there's a Cancel button on the Best Buy my order status page, time to browse the MacBook Air table...

demandarin

I just called nest buy and 2 local MS stores about this version. Best buy has none of the 256gb variants. But for the MS store, they gave me some B.S. about they have it in stock but very low quantity due to popularity and high demand. I said well what about another store nearby since I know you can tell how many they have in stock. Gave me same B.S. about demand and popularity. I just started laughing. I asked about the new accessories if they have plenty of those on stock. Same B.S. I just laughed even harder. Even the woman started laughing. I was about to get smart and say if its so popular and demanding then why isn't it being reported on tech sites. Butt I held my tongue. She was nice. Then I asked about the dock. She said at first I don't think its available yet. Then I told her how its already released and several people and stores have stold it already. Then she tells me same B.S. .n.lol. Same with surface 2 64gb version. The way she makes it sound as of these things flying off the shelf. I hope it is and MS is finally getting rewarded for hard work in tablet line.

Now time to decide of I'm ready to get the upper version of pro or not....

alexsemi

it says: Pre-order now Ships by October 21

So I chatted yesterday – “UPS does not provide tracking numbers till it’s shipped but you should have it by tomorrow”
I called today – “I will have to escalate, somebody will have to call you or you will receive an e-mail within 24 hours”. I said no, I need to talk to somebody.

My CC did not get charged.

I called again. And will call again and again.