What's new

A question regarding Jailbreak...

malokevi

Hey all,

I got my Surface RT 68gig last week... been having a blast with it.

Just a quick question abut Jailbreaking... what is it? What are the benefits? What are the risks?

I have done some research, but everyone seems to already know the answer to, and therefore neglect, these points. Sorry if I sound like something of a newb, lol.

I am looking into it because I read that you can install more games if the device is jailbroken. But, I wouldn't want to put the device at risk, or my warranty.

Lastly, and I know this is the wrong forum but I'll throw this here anyways... are there any games you guys can recommend before/after a jailbreak? Any FPS style games that I can use with the Xbox controller?

Lastly lastly (I keep thinking of new things), I want to import all my music from other devices to Skydrive. Is this possible, or practical? And where might I find a tutorial for that?

Thanks! KM

Tom T

When the rooting exploit first came out the reason was to allow running desktop apps, compiled for Arm, to run on the RT. I think for now we are better off supporting the Market in the hopes it will continue to grow and ensure the survival of what I think is the best tablet experience available. As far as the Xbox controller, I know it works with some emulators and some games support its use.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
M

malokevi

Ok cool, thank you. I'm just going to keep the device as it, and continue supporting the store.

Search tags for this page
does jailbreaking surface rt bad
how to jailbreak surface rt

if i jailbreak my surface rt what games can i get

is it legal to jailbreak the serface rt
jailbreak forum surface rt good bad
jailbreaking my surface rt is this a good idea
which games can i get if i jilbreak my surface rt
will jailbreaking my surface rt damage warranty

Members online