What's new

again "SYSTEM" process high cpu usage issue

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

yes I know this. I can't leave the pc 2/3 minutes and they start... sending the pc to burn. What to do so? it's impossible to work and/or leave the pc for a break.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I rebooted pc to go to market to buy the water.
I start pc, I just open ie to watch your replies, than I leave pc for 3 minutes so the system can make the party. This is the result, again 35% and MRT.exe in this case and ngentask and aitagent are taking the cpu with system.
This will continue always, if I don't touch the mouse it don't stop.
I left today some minutes to see if it stops, nothing, after 6 minutes I moved the mouse because to me it's like to want destroy the pc to leave it at 35/37% cpu and it becomes hot. it's a pity.
For sure there is a fix, otherwise I will reset it what to do.

task man.jpg

Zog1971

I have again the SYSTEM high cpu usage that comes each time the computer is idle for 2/3 minutes.

As I can I will proceed with a reset of my sp3 i7..... but if possible let's find a solution, it's crazy. :(

I use process explorer now

I saw today first that a SRTASK.exe triggered the SYSTEM to go up to 35%.

Then I see another process MRT.EXE to do the same, this was malicious removal tool of Microsoft, and I eliminated it.

Now I have the ngentask.exe process to send up the SYSTEM again, it is related to .net framework.

I'm not able to fix this last for example.

As reported another user, is happened to us that the Logitech keyboard K810 bluetooh is working a bit crazy since few days and some recent update of Microsoft..which I don't know, even the Logitech utility not able to recognize they keyboard anymore, mouse it's ok. But I tried to disconnect mouse and keyboard, ok without reboot, and the issue there is always.

Don't know what to do, I will work all the day on this then RESET.

I think Microsoft should give us an employee to fix all those bugs, we spent in this forum hundred thousands of dollars in this device, soon millions, we need an immediate help to fix bugs because we can't dream the solutions and fixes.
Hi Enrico. Are you using Windows Defender as your Antivirus by chance? The only reason I ask is because this exact same thing was happening to me, but ultimately it was Defender that was ramping up every time the system went idle. As soon as you move something, it stops (since the system isn't idle anymore). I had been very happy with Defender on my SP1 so didn't want to disable it, but as soon as I did, the weird idle processes stopped. I have since loaded another virus protection and completely disabled Defender and have never had this problem again. (PS--I thought originally it was Defender needing to run a daily or monthly task but mine kept doing this for over 2 days. Weird, I know.)

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

Hi, I use only Avast ... I tried also to disable avast, and reboot, no reboot, etc etc, nothing.
Sometime I have some hour where if I leave pc even 10 minutes nothing happen, then moments like now that I just need to wait exactly 3/4 minutes and appear ALWAYS the issue.

Today I downloaded YAC, Malwarebytes etc etc and checked and scanned pc if they find a virus... nothing, I cleaned registry with cc cleaner, netgate etc I did all the possible, I become mad.

Windows defender was disabled on my pc I don't know even where to see but I don't see and never seen it active. Usually I use just avast and I was always fine with it with virus and web surfing protection.

Zog1971

Hi, I use only Avast ... I tried also to disable avast, and reboot, no reboot, etc etc, nothing.
Sometime I have some hour where if I leave pc even 10 minutes nothing happen, then moments like now that I just need to wait exactly 3/4 minutes and appear ALWAYS the issue.

Today I downloaded YAC, Malwarebytes etc etc and checked and scanned pc if they find a virus... nothing, I cleaned registry with cc cleaner, netgate etc I did all the possible, I become mad.

Windows defender was disabled on my pc I don't know even where to see but I don't see and never seen it active. Usually I use just avast and I was always fine with it with virus and web surfing protection.
Just make sure that Windows Defender is completely off, too. If they are BOTH running that could be even worse. I wish I could tell you exactly where to go, but am on my phone so will have to check from home. It's worth a look because this sounds really similar to what I was experiencing. I almost sent mine back and now I really do love it.

Zog1971

Damn. Was hoping that was maybe it for you, too. :) Oh, well. Best of luck. I would try and investigate further what processes occur when the system goes idle. I fully know how hard this is since as soon as you move the mouse or touch the screen it stops, but that's where you will find the answer.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I downloaded the Microsoft windows malicious software removal tool directly from Microsoft and I'm running a FULL SCAN to get this report it says.
I just tell you that it takes 55% cpu to run even 60% peak, any scanner of antivirus took today to me more that 35/38. Microsoft is giving us hard time :(
Untitled.jpg

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I want to see after this "report" if systems stop to go up because of mrt.exe we will see..... I need 20/30 minutes, it's slow this scan.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

was not a my statements, is what was written on a windows message when I was looking for defender. It said that, that is off, because of avast, like couldn't be both used, I could activate.
From here I could disable however, it is not configured, probabily I never used it.

proof.jpg

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

Yesterday I watched this from the other "search" from the start search and not the start button in the desktop.
and I seen this pop up if you rollover the mouse on the blue text, it says "if you want to manually.... download from Microsoft Download Center etc etc"
So I downloaded it from Microsoft website, and then run a FULL SCAN. I had Cpu from 40 to 65% of usage during the sca for around 50 minutes, fortunately any damage to the device.
The report said no threats found. After that stoppet MRT.exe to send up system. I rebooted too, tested again for hours, nothing went up again.
We will see today, now I'm working with other programs, and I will start to make tests and too see what happen.

foto.jpg