What's new

Any way to fix mark on glass

Megoapesnut

My wife tossed a remote to our daughter over the weekend and it hit my Surface book. It put a small mark on the glass. It isn't a scratch - it's more like a slight mar. You can really only see it when you hold it at an angle and let light reflect off the screen. I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and if there was anyway to fix it. Polishing maybe?

sharpuser

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have removed scratches from an iPhone screen with a cotton swab and (non-gel) toothpaste. The risk is that a small disturbed zone could become a larger zone which is not as glossy as the rest of the screen.

Or, just a LITTLE work removes the sharp edges from around the little crevice, making it far less noticeable.

Or, just consider it an artifact and a souvenir from a lovely wife and daughter.

Wayne Orwig

You can try toothpaste or another slight polish like that. BUT, if there is an anti-reflective coating on the glass ( I don't think there is ) it may result in more damage then you started with.

OP
Megoapesnut

Megoapesnut

Thanks for the advice. I am probably going to just let it alone. It isn't noticeable unless the screen is pure white or turned off and angled for light to reflect off it.

Members online

No members online now.