What's new

Anyone try Just the tablet attached to the DOCK?

This morning I got to work and thought, why struggle detaching the screen, to invert to rotate, then attach to the Doc so that I could have it in;
Clipboard, with external Monitor. This way I can take hand written notes in OneNote and use the monitor.​

Instead I thought, when you detach the screen, just attach to the Dock, and then your good. No need to flip, reattach....

WOW what a mess starting up. First issue is that the DOCK connector is so, shallow that the StickerBoy decal was causing it to attach then DE-attach. Removed it from around the connector, and could get the DOCK to show up as Ethernet, but monitor was not showing.

Through the numerous shutdowns, and BSOD It finally ended up in the right mode, but all of my backgrounds are gone...

I will post if this is a Tablet+DOCK issue (aka no keyboard attached) or just a glitch.

p.s.
Eikon Mini Fingerprint Reader works well for HELLO

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I connect my Surface Book Clipboard (screen only) to the dock almost every day in my office. No problems. I have the thick Stickerboy.net Black Ostrich Leather around my connector, with no problems.

Even attaches the USB peripherals connected via dock directly to Clipboard.