What's new

ArcGIS issues!

Whitehead221

I have attempted many fixes (changing resolution, adjusting text size, etc.) and cannot figure out a solution. The program has extremely small icons. They are so small it makes it pretty much unusable. This is frustrating, because I use this program for school. I managed to increase the size of the writing on the main page within the program, but cannot increase icon size. Many of the menus within the program are also very small, even though I managed to increase a lot of the other text within the program.

Edit: I would have posted this in ArcGIS forums, but this has also occurred in a few other programs just not as badly. It is specific to the Surface Pro 4, because I have never had problems on other computers.

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @Whitehead221

I do geophysical work on a Surface Book, with mapping and ArcGIS functionality. I am sure you are frustrated. For me, I have found help using Control Panel Display settings (rather than Windows 10 settings). These are similar to the settings from previous versions of Windows.

Search, Control Panel, (click words) Appearance and Personalization, Display

Hope it works for you.

Screenshot (27).png

OP
W

Whitehead221

Thanks sharp! That was helpful in overall size of icons and text, but it still did not fix my issues within the program. My icons were still extremely difficult to use, because of their size.

I lucked out and my current ArcGIS teacher also just purchased a Surface Pro 4. She too had issues with the icons and was able to locate a "large icons" button in the customize>customize mode>options menu.

This will fix most of the icon issues within the program. There are still a few located in the catalog tab which are small, but atleast its much better than it was!