What's new

Awesome MS Store experience

fonzman78

I've had problems with my Type keyboard recently. At random times, some keys would not be recognized when typing. This was very annoying as I couldn't log in and had to use the onscreen keyboard. Pulling the Type keyboard off and on would work sometimes. Rebooting also fixed it sometimes. I've used my keyboard just about every day since day 1. It is getting worn and I could see that it was starting to come apart at the seam.

So, I went to my local MS Store (SLC) and explained what was happening. The Associate there had me try one of their keyboards and it worked. Then he simply just exchanged my keyboard for a new one. No questions asked. No 'let's try to troubleshoot'. No let me look you up. Obviously I am still under the 1 year warranty, I appreciate that he simply just exchanged it without any hesitation.

I see some posts on this forum about the negative experiences so I thought we could all use a positive one. And, yes, I have pre-ordered my Surface Pro 2 256GB version. Now, what to do with my old Surface Pro?

TeknoBlast

You can use your current Surface as a community device. Anyone needing to use a computer for any reason, let them use the Surface 1 instead of your new one. That's what I usually do. I'm not a fan of people using my devices.

mtalinm

I've had the same great experience, TWICE! Swapped a type keyboard right across, no receipt required or questions asked.

As for your current Surface Pro, they will buy it back from you (at a steep discount, of course, but nice & easy).

CrippsCorner

This is great, although this is the way it *should* be anyway... and is with most large corporations in the UK.

demandarin

Im sure several people here or on redditt would love to buy your pro1. Or since its Christmas time, give it as a gift to a family member you know would take good care of it and appreciate its capabilities.

CrippsCorner

My family don't get gifts that are that good
LOL.png

ARosch

IF you are planning to sell your Pro since you are getting the Pro2, I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later. As soon as the Pro2 becomes available, the price of used Pros will decrease quickly. However, this would require you to go some time without a Surface and I know that is something that I couldn't do...

OP
F

fonzman78

IF you are planning to sell your Pro since you are getting the Pro2, I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later. As soon as the Pro2 becomes available, the price of used Pros will decrease quickly. However, this would require you to go some time without a Surface and I know that is something that I couldn't do...

Good advice. I will probably just see what MS Store offers for trade in. Simple and I don't have to deal with Ebay or other. Or maybe just keep it. I've grown attached to it.