What's new

Backup OS ?

OP
B

BChat

Having experienced the "boot to USB" issue mentioned previously in this thread, I was wondering if anybody had experience with a key board other than the Type Cover 2 keyboard.

ETA - Called MS to find any info on the booting issue - young lady asked me what keyboard I was using - told her Type Cover 2 - she laughed a lot - and suggested I get the right one for the 3 - then informed me I had been proven wrong by a girl! - all in all a fun call and I now have a purple Type Cover for the 3.

Inserting the Acronis USB, booted to it - the PROPER :) keyboard allowed me to "press 1" and the Acronis UI came up - end of good news.

Neither the mouse, touch screen or keyboard worked at this point - end of project - BUT - one step at time I am closer to the solution.

If I turn the radio down I can still hear that girl laughing.........:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuspieds

Having experienced the "boot to USB" issue mentioned previously in this thread, I was wondering if anybody had experience with a key board other than the Type Cover 2 keyboard.

ETA - Called MS to find any info on the booting issue - young lady asked me what keyboard I was using - told her Type Cover 2 - she laughed a lot - and suggested I get the right one for the 3 - then informed me I had been proven wrong by a girl! - all in all a fun call and I now have a purple Type Cover for the 3.

Inserting the Acronis USB, booted to it - the PROPER :) keyboard allowed me to "press 1" and the Acronis UI came up - end of good news.

Neither the mouse, touch screen or keyboard worked at this point - end of project - BUT - one step at time I am closer to the solution.

If I turn the radio down I can still hear that girl laughing.........:D
I'm afraid the root of your problem is Acronis itself.

I had been a long-time user of Acronis (way before the days of the SP) and I put up with the keyboard and touchscreen issue with the SP but when the SP2 came along and Acronis still hadn't addressed the issue, that's when I ran out of patience. At one point I was travelling with a keyboard/mouse USB dongle and then just a portable USB mouse, all so that I plug it in and then Acronis would recognize my keyboard.

A quick test of Macrium Reflect proved that it could create a bootable WinPE environment that allowed me to use the Type Cover keyboard and touchscreen. And with that successful test, I switched to Macrium Reflect and never looked back.