What's new

Battery Pro shows 4:25

Sdelliott31

I have the SP3 / 256 /i5 /8gb and a SanDisk 128GB micro sd card and Windows 10 with all updates current. I am running Battery Pro (Free) and Tune Up Utilities in the background.

I have read through the Optimize battery thread and I believe implemented all of those suggestions as well as a couple other sites.

My battery pro shows 4:25 at 100% battery with 8.2% loss to wear 38,714 of 42,157 mwh. I believe my screen is 40%. Notifications are off, no startups in the background running. I usually use my SP3 for browsing, Edge / watching movies on Netflix, and downloading the occasional movie. I believe I have all updates. I'm just attempting to figure out how people are getting 6 hours on this. I have contemplating upgrading at least to the SP4, but cost is an issue and other than battery, this does everything I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading

Update: I dumped battery pro and downloaded AVG Tune Up (The old Tune up utilities) for the 30 day trial. Changed a lot of settings and now the battery is showing more 9 hours, but in reality probably only 4 to 5. I'm worried about the battery and am contemplating upgrading to the 4. The battery sticky is very informative.

Why are you using 3rd Party Utilities? Your SP3 should see between 4-7 hours of battery life under normal usage (depending on how you adjust brightness and power management). My wife is still using the same model as you and with Netflix/Hulu she get 5-6 hours, with internet browsing she is see around the same...

First off Happy Easter and thanks for the reply. When I was reading the battery thread there were a few posts about using Tune up utilities. Ive wondered if a 3rd party program would actually cause more cpu usage unless these are one time tweaks. The battery pro meter showing me I've lost about 8%-10% battery to degradation triggered my OCD. I believe tweaked my settings the best I can short of a registry tweak to throttle down my CPU which I don't want to do. I'm thinking of grabbing the SP4. I've owned the 3 for 2 years and just love it.

First off Happy Easter and thanks for the reply. When I was reading the battery thread there were a few posts about using Tune up utilities. Ive wondered if a 3rd party program would actually cause more cpu usage unless these are one time tweaks. The battery pro meter showing me I've lost about 8%-10% battery to degradation triggered my OCD. I believe tweaked my settings the best I can short of a registry tweak to throttle down my CPU which I don't want to do. I'm thinking of grabbing the SP4. I've owned the 3 for 2 years and just love it.
Happy Easter to you as well!! :) Here is all I use for Power Management and Battery - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023450/surface-surface-battery-and-power

Thanks, I read the article and video and found the troubleshooting battery tip useful. With everything else I did I feel that I'm optimized. I uninstalled the Tune up utilities played around with my power profile and display settings and feel pretty good. Thanks.

thanks a lot. i just have registered here and I already found so many useful tips for me! i also watched the video and I will read the article! sounds super helpful. if anyone else has anything similar i would deeply appreciate it as i am always having battery issues.

Back