What's new

Best browser for SP3?

foghat

I use firefox. Doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on battery, but then I've never used IE on the SP3, I only know my normal.

No way I could live without firefox add-ons.

ctitanic

I use firefox. Doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on battery, but then I've never used IE on the SP3, I only know my normal.

No way I could live without firefox add-ons.
The problem with that is that it forces you to stay in the desktop interface missing the beauty of the MUI.

EMINENT

For those with issues with ads, are you talking about pop-ups?

If so, if you go to internet options and under the privacy tab, if you click on popup settings, you have an option at the bottom to set low, medium and high.
High works great for me and eliminates a lot of popup ads that come from streaming sites.
It asks at the bottom to allow once or always. If you allow each time you go to the page, it merely asks the one time. You can select always allow for the safe sites that you want popup for.

As far as which version, I don't use or have no use for Chrome currently. Especially with the high drain, I don't recommend it if battery is a concern. I have been a Firefox user for some time. Recently I've weaned myself off of being dependent on FF because really the only thing I needed was addons like Lastpass and a dark theme really. Lastpass is available for desktop IE and I can do without the dark theme. I'd rather have that tradeoff than the high memory leaks in FF that i've experienced over the years.
Now I don't have any need to install any other browser.

dleuen

I like Metro IE but after moderate usage the fan seems to come on and stay on while the browser is up. I have tried closing everything else and it still happens. This does not occur when I use the desktop version of IE or Chrome.

Is this just me? I would prefer to use the metro version but this fan issue bugs me.

X

Also make sure you have not installed adobe flash to get Steam or something else to work. I noticed that when I had flash installed I had all kinds of fan and heat problems with modern IE. I uninstalled flash which fixed IE but now Steam store hangs because it doesn't have flash.

crimson

Use Chome all the way no matter what. IE interface is just a disaster compared to Chrome. It's like an Olympic Gold Medalist vs a Special Olympic Quadriplegic. I encourage anybody to use Chrome by far over any other browser.