What's new

Outlook.com on SP3

eknirb

I've noticed....that say I open up Outlook.com on my desktop PC, in my Chrome browser..and there's 15 emails in there. I delete 10 of them, leaving 5.

Later in the day, I crank up the SP3, open up Outlook.com, ...the MAIL application on the desktop..and tho I deleted the emails earlier from my Outlook.com inbox...they are there.

So does the MAIL application retain the emails I deleted from the browser? If I opened up Outlook.com in Chrome on the SP3...they'd be gone?

ctitanic

Delete emails should be gone in the gone sync. In your case something is failing in this synchronization.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
eknirb,

Make sure you have your account set up as IMAP or POP, but not one of each. If the account is a true Exchange account, this should not happen. However, it sounds like you have a clash of POP and IMAP. They usually employ different port numbers.

OP
eknirb

eknirb

er..I am a bit confoozed. Let me tell you what I have.

*On my desktop PC; I access Outlook.com by opening Chrome and viewing it online. No settings or anything special to mess with, open it and there it is, like normal.
*On the new SP3, rather than open Chrome, I have been using the MAIL app. That is where they still sit, even after I have cleaned out the very same email on my desktop PC as above.
*Do I have to do some special setting within the MAIL app of SP3 to make them sync?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do they get deleted if you sync? click the three dots in the lower right then click the three dots again then sync.

just want to know... when you deleted in Chrome did you also go into deleted folder and delete there also?

Dblkk

The problem is how the settings are. Pop, allows you to download, view, and sync your emails. But when you delete them off a POP account, typically they are just deleted off that computer's account. Not your account as a whole. Example, my SP3, Windows PC, and Windows laptop, I use Microsoft office, and use outlook from there. Anything done, read, notes taken, or colander changed, it all syncs.

But when I hop on my MacBook pro, launch my 'mail' app in mavericks, and delete or do anything. It doesn't actually sync on my account, just on the mac. But if I launch Microsoft office/Microsoft outlook on my mac, and then do the same, it syncs just fine.

Hope this helps?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chrome would be using HTML not POP or IMAP while Mail is most likely using ActiveSync.

Yet, the Mac uses the last century POP or IMAP. :)

OP
eknirb

eknirb

Do they get deleted if you sync? click the three dots in the lower right then click the three dots again then sync.

just want to know... when you deleted in Chrome did you also go into deleted folder and delete there also?

well, i don't know about the dots. let me look into that.

daniielrp

well, i don't know about the dots. let me look into that.

Might be worth checking the sync options as well - go to Mail> Charms> Settings> Accounts> Outlook> and see if it is set to download new items (sync) automatically or manually or after a specified time.

OP
eknirb

eknirb

OK here is how it is set up:

Download new mail......AS THEY ARRIVE
Download email from...THE LAST MONTH
Content to synch...........EMAIL
Organize your email......(none chosen)
Autodownload external images...ON
Email signature............................ON
Send auto replies..........................OFF

is this what u mean?