What's new

What's the best browser to use with Surface devices?

BearFlag

I know Chrome is usually the browser of choice but I heard it drains the battery more and can crash more than IE on windows 10 devices. Is that true?

What browser do you like the best on your Surface device?

leeshor

I would never use Chrome either. Certainly not on a portable device. Firefox with over a dozen add-ons is my goto. It works very well on my SP4 with no Flash installed.

OP
BearFlag

BearFlag

Nope, I would never chose Chrome, I use Edge with HOST File blocking...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I was surfing the web with my SB the other day and my friend who works in IT said how unusual it was for him to see me use the native Windows 10 browser when Chrome is so much better with more capabilities.

Telstar1948

I use FireFox since it seems to work pretty well. I also like some of the additional features FF offers. Also, I have it on my desktop, S3 and phone so favorites, tabs, whatever, sync

Darnellmc

I use Edge with my SP4. Chrome was crashing way too much. And I have done total wipes and reinstalls of Chrome more times than I remember, with no change in the frequent crashing.

I don't trust Edge's security of passwords very much. Unlike Chrome and Fire Fox, there is not master encryption password to use for increased password security.

And nobody really knows how MS is handling passwords in the background. So although I used Edge, I only save the lamest of passwords in it, for things I don't really care about security with.

Orlbuckeye

I know Chrome is usually the browser of choice but I heard it drains the battery more and can crash more than IE on windows 10 devices. Is that true?

What browser do you like the best on your Surface device?

Best browser is personal opinion. I prefer Edge.

CrippsCorner

TOR for me.

For what reason? I tried it out for a while for the hell of it and boy is it slow... like going back to a 56k connection!

I seem to be in the minority here but it's Chrome all day long for me! I like the syncing across my Surface, work computer and iPhone... it's fast and crashes at the rate of about twice every few years lol; I'm happy with that.

I was using Edge purely when Surface was in tablet mode, but now (finally) they've fixed the rendering issues, Chrome is looking fantastic there too :)