What's new

Bluetooth mouse wakes up from connected standby

nilsk123

Is there any way to stop my microsoft sculpt comfort bluetooth mouse from waking up my surface whenever it's moved?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Clearing the Checkbox under the Power Management Tab for the Mouse in device Manager....

upload_2014-10-28_8-30-26.png

agt499

tried that, doesn't help
I tried it too, found it unreliable.
Settled on getting a mouse that's easy to turn off, and remembering to do that! -Being a lefty the Sculpt doesn't fly, just picked up the new Arc Touch Bluetooth for travel which is good for staying off in bag as it's off when packed flat.

malberttoo

I tried it too, found it unreliable.
Settled on getting a mouse that's easy to turn off, and remembering to do that! -Being a lefty the Sculpt doesn't fly, just picked up the new Arc Touch Bluetooth for travel which is good for staying off in bag as it's off when packed flat.

I only use mice now that have an off switch on the bottom. I love them.

OP
N

nilsk123

yea, so far my solution has been to turn off the mouse before i put the surface to sleep, but come on... that can't be the solution..

when i forget to do that, the sp3 will wake up in my bag and run out of energy very fast.

agt499

yea, so far my solution has been to turn off the mouse before i put the surface to sleep, but come on... that can't be the solution..

when i forget to do that, the sp3 will wake up in my bag and run out of energy very fast.
...I think you mean 'run out of energy and dangerously overheat my expensive device very fast'.
Crappy but true, to be 100% sure I turn it off (repeats endorsement for Arc Touch for on-the-go use, where you cannot put it in the bag turned on -it's not a great mouse, but I have more preferred ones that stay on home and work desks)

If you can't remember to turn off the mouse, then "Shutdown" is your only friend.