What's new

Broken micro USB port

Wwwjm

New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
1
Points
1
My Device
Surface 3 (Atom)
Hello
One of the inner pins of the micro USB port got bent. I can't plug my cable in to charge it.

What are my options? I don't want to call Microsoft because I don't want to have to pay 100$+ for the repair. (I got it used for 200).

If I were to get the docking station, would that charge through the other ports?

EDIT: after looking at the docking station, it doesn't appear to have a micro USB connector. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but does the docking station charge via display port and standard USB port?
 
Last edited:
IIRC, it charges on the docking station via the display port connection
 
The Dock is a Port Replicator/USB Hub and charges through the mini-DP connection:

upload_2016-12-20_15-0-29.png
 
Back
Top