What's new

camera not working after installing windows 10

tarpolano

can someone help me on this problem? the camera app wont open, or more likely crashes when opened after installing windows 10..

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well there doesn't appear to be any way to update or uninstall/reinstall (the normal MS solution) the Camera app. I also don't see a central list of Store Apps ... we still have a hodgpodge approach to Store Apps... and is actually a regression from previous iterations/incarnations. ho hum.

I guess you could try uninstalling/reinstalling the camera driver in device manager (imaging devices) )but no idea if it will help.

kwdavids

I am having the same problem on my Surface Pro 3. Re-installing the camera made no difference. Skype video works OK.

Siddhartha

I am using Lenovo E431 laptop. After installing Windows 10 suddenly the in-built camera is not being recognized. It is not appearing in any apps including Skype. Please suggest what to do

kwdavids

can someone help me on this problem? the camera app wont open, or more likely crashes when opened after installing windows 10..
One problem that I have seen with the Camera app and Windows 10 is no permissions on the Camera Roll folder. Go to your Pictures > Camera Roll folder, right-click, select permissions and the Security tab to make sure that your own account is listed with full permission. There are a number of issues with the Windows 10 upgrade and folder permissions. Other users have similar problems with screen shots.

kwdavids

I am using Lenovo E431 laptop. After installing Windows 10 suddenly the in-built camera is not being recognized. It is not appearing in any apps including Skype. Please suggest what to do
Does it appear in the device manager? One thing that sometimes helps, if it appears, is to remove it, and then reboot to reinstall.

bluegrass

Lenovo may have to provide a camera driver that is compatible with Windows 10. I hear one of the gotcha's with Windows 10 is that all hardware that was W7 compatible isn't always compatible with W10. That's why the company I work for doesn't plan to upgrade our systems to W10 for at least several months.

buick83

I found in Control Panel - System - Devices, Intel Display Audio had an error. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it fixed this exact issue.

bluegrass

I found in Control Panel - System - Devices, Intel Display Audio had an error. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it fixed this exact issue.

I lost you after System. I assumed you meant Device Manager, and than either audio or display but I couldn't find the Intel Display Audio device anywhere.