What's new

Case Recommendation - amCase Neoprene Case for Surface Pro 3

Bert Harbinson

Just got my SP3 last week and wanted to get a protective case because I take it to work so often. I found a neoprene case on Amazon for 10$ and was really surprised at the quality. It has a zipper style opening and I can just slip my SP3 in and out. It has carrying handles too which are sort of nice. It's called an amCase and was only around 10$ with free shipping as well, so it was def worth the money. Comes in black, which I got, and I think they had other colors too.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I went with the Snugg Case all around for me, my son and wife....

Electric Blue for me and my Cyan Cover
Red for my son and his Red Cover
Black for my Wife (she's the conservative one, well at least for case colors)

OP
B

Bert Harbinson

Those are also good cases for the SP3, I looked at the Snugg covers as well since that is what we had at my old job. I just wanted to try and get something under 20 since I had spent so much on the device. I was impressed with the quality for the price I guess.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
$35 for a leather case is a really good price and there is room for the device + pen loop

OP
B

Bert Harbinson

Don't get me wrong I think the case logic is nice for the price, but it is PU material which tends to get scratched easily and it doesn't have the handles/zipper I was looking for...

ipaq_101

Don't get me wrong I think the case logic is nice for the price, but it is PU material which tends to get scratched easily and it doesn't have the handles/zipper I was looking for...

Actually the material on this would probably never get scratched, it's pretty much rubber.

I also happened to get it on sale for $16.99. I bought it to put inside a larger laptop bag, so I have a different use for it.

gmtmaster79

Just got my SP3 last week and wanted to get a protective case because I take it to work so often. I found a neoprene case on Amazon for 10$ and was really surprised at the quality. It has a zipper style opening and I can just slip my SP3 in and out. It has carrying handles too which are sort of nice. It's called an amCase and was only around 10$ with free shipping as well, so it was def worth the money. Comes in black, which I got, and I think they had other colors too.

I bought the same amCase as well! I first bought the Amazon Basics 11.6-inch sleeve case, but it didn't have the side pocket for charger/accessories, so I exchanged it for the amCase, and glad I did! The new amCase has zipper pocket, and also carrying handle, with Velcro to hold the handles together, very good fit. I actually have to pull up the case a little to clear the tablet when zip close the case. But it's stretchable, so everything fit snugly. Recommended!

jedge

I went with the Snugg Case all around for me, my son and wife....

Electric Blue for me and my Cyan Cover
Red for my son and his Red Cover
Black for my Wife (she's the conservative one, well at least for case colors)

What size? I don't see one made for the SP3, nor for the MacBook Air 11.6" (which is almost exactly the same size as SP3). Did you get the 13" version?, is it a bit roomy?

I also purchased the Smugg case and really love the design but after only 2 weeks of use, the stitching is coming out in one corner and the color is coming off in another corner.

BTW jnjroach, this is not genuine leather. It's fake leather. And it scratches really easily and the outer "leather" layer comes off easily.

I'm planning to return it and get a different case