What's new

Caution installing additonal software

leeshor

Some people have already found that they are having issues with anti virus programs installing, and/or behaving on Windows 10. I would have expected that myself. Most anti virus software runs at the system level and is very tightly bound to what the OS is doing. This same issue cropped up with Windows 7, even after the final release. Some companies were quicker to come out with updated/upgraded software than others.

Another big problem I suspect we will see is any multi function printer that doesn't have native driver support in Windows. When Windows 7 was release many people found they could print but not scan or copy or fax, (kinda cuts the muti out of the function).

If you have MF printer or AV issues, do without or go back to 8.1 if it's critical to you.

ScottyS

Another big problem I suspect we will see is any multi function printer that doesn't have native driver support in Windows. When Windows 7 was release many people found they could print but not scan or copy or fax, (kinda cuts the muti out of the function).

If you have MF printer or AV issues, do without or go back to 8.1 if it's critical to you.
I got it to work. I have a HP LaserJet 200 color MPF M276nw on my home WiFi network. While Win10 sees it as a printer it didn't see it as a scanner. In the HP Scan and Capture app from the MS Store it didn't see it so I manually put in it's IP address and voilà! It works.

The scan app that comes in Win10 still doesn't see it but fortunately (for me) HP has a Win8 app in the MS Store.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

To be fair, the issues people had with printers were not typically with the more mainstream printers unless they had used a newer and different technology embedded in the firmware. But when Windows 7 AND 8 came out my customers had their share of problems.

Printer have coma a long way in the last 5 years or so and have become easier to configure.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

As an update on the printer issues. It would appear that for the most part printer drivers from Windows 7 and or 8.1 should also work on Windows 10.