What's new

Cheap Surface PRO 3 Power Bank Charging Cable

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be good to see some feedback. But I am also aware that the only option for the nexus 10 pogo charging cable was from some unknown manufacturer that popped into existence posting on forums, and to this day it is still perfect (and still expensive!)

ctitanic

I think that I have seen already somebody reporting here about this cable and the power bank.

OPTiK

I really need a SP3 Power Connector -> USB model. I have a powerful battery charger that I'd like to be able to use to charge my SP3 on the fly. Sadly, I haven't been able to find one or even find the SP3 connector so I can rig one up myself. I may just get one of these and wire it up for USB if one doesn't become available soon.

riggi

I really need a SP3 Power Connector -> USB model. .

I don't think you will be able to use a USB port to charge as USB only outputs 5V and the SP3 charger is 12V.

You cab use a battery like the Intocircuit.
I have the 26000 mAh model that I used to use to charge my SP1.

I would caution using these cables though, and say if you do use them, don't leave it unattended.
I used an aftermarket cable on the SP1 and luckily I was watching it when I saw it melt and quickly detached it.

That said, I have used other aftermarket charging cables on the SP1 with no problem.
It's just one of those things that you don't really know what the quality will be.

I want to get a cable to charge my SP3 from the Intocircuit battyer. The one in the OP will do the trick. I'm just a bit hesitant about the quality.

I'm thinking that since the battery life is a lot better than my SP1, I can handle just using the original charger in a power outlet for now. But, am interested to hear if anyone has used the cable in the OP.

Rich

[edit] image doesn't seem to be working, so here is the link
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=20d6...v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!AFOTBjzdf_sI5co
[/edit]

OPTiK

I don't think you will be able to use a USB port to charge as USB only outputs 5V and the SP3 charger is 12V.

You cab use a battery like the Intocircuit.
I have the 26000 mAh model that I used to use to charge my SP1.

I would caution using these cables though, and say if you do use them, don't leave it unattended.
I used an aftermarket cable on the SP1 and luckily I was watching it when I saw it melt and quickly detached it.

That said, I have used other aftermarket charging cables on the SP1 with no problem.
It's just one of those things that you don't really know what the quality will be.

I want to get a cable to charge my SP3 from the Intocircuit battyer. The one in the OP will do the trick. I'm just a bit hesitant about the quality.

I'm thinking that since the battery life is a lot better than my SP1, I can handle just using the original charger in a power outlet for now. But, am interested to hear if anyone has used the cable in the OP.

Rich

[edit] image doesn't seem to be working, so here is the link
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=20d6b2fa68a06dd7&id=20D6B2FA68A06DD7!5656&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!AFOTBjzdf_sI5co
[/edit]

D'oh, yeah you're right about the 5V vs 12V thing. Also need the right amount of amps at 12V too.