What's new

Chrome Canary causing my system crashes it seems

Rugbyguy541

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
61
Points
18
Location
OryGun
My Device
SPro3
So as some may have seen my posts, I have been getting CONSTANT crashes, around 9-10 times a day and getting worse. So today as a last ditch idea, I stopped using canary and just IE. I am at 12.9% battery and been using it for 4 hours & 50 minutes, not a single crash. I am still planning on exchanging it for a new one when school is over (battery already has 1.8% wear) but I was curious if anyone else has had these kinds of issues with chrome canary? As someone who uses the google ecosystem heavily and uses his pc for chromecast a lot, I need my google, might just switch to chrome high DPI but I liked canary because of the 64-bit support.

edit: also need chrome for the add-ons, reddit without res just isn't right.
 
Canary Chrome is kinda hard to troubleshoot -- it's updated almost daily and is considered pre-beta. So troubleshooting the Canary version you're using today likely won't be applicable or necessary tomorrow. You might want to consider the developers-beta, the version in between canary and regular-beta. At least that's the version I use, and I haven't run into any issues.

Both the developer and regular betas now include 64 bit and high DPI functionality.
 
Awesome I am running that now, we'll see how it goes, tomorrow will be the big test drive for me. IE is ok, but it's no chrome, I just use IE when I need battery to last.
 
I'm so happy with IE that I have not thought ever about using any other browser in my Surface.

In the past I used Opera, Firefox and Chrome. from all of them Firebox was my preferred.
 
the Surface being my 1 device, it is a bit versatile for me. I have my "Desktop Mode" where I run chrome, full brightness, and tons of other stuff, got my few hours on mobile where I keep everything the same for the most part, then my mobile mode, and low screen brightness, IE, all of that.

I can't stand IE because of no add ons, need them!
 
I can't stand software that crashes and drains your battery like it was chugging beer. I hope you at least reported these issue to your owner and master Google. :-)
 
I can't stand software that crashes and drains your battery like it was chugging beer. I hope you at least reported these issue to your owner and master Google. :)

Yep I am. Just had a crash again with the Beta version of chrome, so back to IE for me. I love the SP3, but been having a lot of issues, hopefully the new one will fix those :/
 
Back
Top