What's new

Chrome is still a threat to your MacBook's battery AND your Surface too

VickiFL

Thank you. I just did, and nothing for Chrome.

Is there a reason video playback is so horrid in IE? (I'm using desktop version.) Video is choppy, and takes forever to load.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you. I just did, and nothing for Chrome.

Is there a reason video playback is so horrid in IE? (I'm using desktop version.) Video is choppy, and takes forever to load.
Must be some anomaly, I have never experienced that as the norm but then I never install Chrome anymore.

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
All I can say is that's not the case with some of my customers. They can use Firefox and not exhaust resources even with the Chrome stub loaded.

I know it's not normal. I should add i use the win 10 preview, and it seems that it is something related to flash. Firefox was ok up until i had to install flash for it and once flash is installed, the machine just goes haywire.

TunaSurface

So is the Spartan browser available to those with the preview version of Windows 10?
I've heard nothing of it yet and I'm extremely interested in it.
It definitely has potential since everybody hated IE so much, the dev team must take extra precautions even in the smallest of details.
Let's hope Spartan will be my go to browser in the future.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So is the Spartan browser available to those with the preview version of Windows 10?
I've heard nothing of it yet and I'm extremely interested in it.
It definitely has potential since everybody hated IE so much, the dev team must take extra precautions even in the smallest of details.
Let's hope Spartan will be my go to browser in the future.

Spartan is indeed available with the latest build of win 10. However at this point in time it is a buggy pile of poop. Looks like it has a lot of potential though once they sort out all the niggles :)

TunaSurface

Spartan is indeed available with the latest build of win 10. However at this point in time it is a buggy pile of poop. Looks like it has a lot of potential though once they sort out all the niggles :)

I tried searching but have no clue what it actually looks like, excluding the bugs, does it seem like it's touch screen friendly? More specifically Surface Pro friendly? Also a screencap wouldn't hurt :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Capture.JPG
Much more touch friendly. Big buttons. Buggy as hell though. Also has inking support meaning you can ink directly onto websites. I dont use it whatsoever at present, largely because it is mostly unusable, but it has great potential.

TunaSurface

Looks neat, thanks for the picture. Big buttons are great and the inking feature will surely come in handy when mirroring to a big screen to show something. Can't wait for Windows 10 overall.

VickiFL

Must be some anomaly, I have never experienced that as the norm but then I never install Chrome anymore.

I wish I knew what the anomaly was because this is crazy. I went back to using Chrome, and the video playback problem disappeared.