What's new

Chrome is still a threat to your MacBook's battery AND your Surface too

kundas1

I use IE for video playback all the time and have NO problems... don't know why you're having trouble

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IE desktop.
Check installed add-ins? Try running without them to see if that's causing the problem.
What AntiVirus are you using?
Any issues with playing locally stored videos?
what video are you having trouble with? Do I want to see it... maybe not :D
What's its encoding, resolution, etc.?

VickiFL

Check installed add-ins? Try running without them to see if that's causing the problem.
What AntiVirus are you using?
Any issues with playing locally stored videos?
what video are you having trouble with? Do I want to see it... maybe not :D
What's its encoding, resolution, etc.?

No add in's installed.
I decided to stick with Windows Defender for now. I was using Bitdefender.
I don't have any locally stored video's to test, unfortunately.
It's just simple video playback from Youtube, Facebook, video's posted at forum's, etc., all act the same way.
I wish I knew why it happens in IE, but not Chrome.
BTW, the problem happens on battery and while plugged in.
Just video's of cute kittens. :p

kundas1

sounds like maybe you have flash not installed properly or corrupted... try disabling flash and open in HTML...

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No add in's installed.
I decided to stick with Windows Defender for now. I was using Bitdefender.
I don't have any locally stored video's to test, unfortunately.
It's just simple video playback from Youtube, Facebook, video's posted at forum's, etc., all act the same way.
I wish I knew why it happens in IE, but not Chrome.
BTW, the problem happens on battery and while plugged in.
Just video's of cute kittens. :p
Then maybe you should install the Easy List tracking list adware blocker.
I use Easy List, Easy Privacy, and Stop Google Tracking. Some sites get pretty hinky without them.
That's all it amounts too usually badly coded pages... written by devs proselytizing pseudo standards published by Google solely for their benefit or worse, malvertizing.

It may not be obvious that these are AD, ADware, etc. blockers not just a privacy filter. Todays ADs are pretty creepy personal information collection mechanisms.

Last edited:

VickiFL

sounds like maybe you have flash not installed properly or corrupted... try disabling flash and open in HTML...

I'll give that a try, thank you. :)

Then maybe you should install the Easy List tracking list adware blocker.
I use Easy List, Easy Privacy, and Stop Google Tracking. Some sites get pretty hinky without them.
That's all it amounts too usually badly coded pages... written by devs proselytizing pseudo standards published by Google solely for their benefit or worse, malvertizing.

It may not be obvious that these are AD, ADware, etc. blockers not just a privacy filter. Todays ADs are pretty creepy personal information collection mechanisms.

I'll go get Easy List as well. :)