Here are some of the most common questions I've seen regarding the Surface Book.
- How capable is the "tablet" part without the "keyboard" attachment? Does the keyboard attachment only include the new GPU and batteries, or have other tablet internals been moved inside the keyboard? I.e., when you detach the keyboard, are you basically left with a thinner Surface Pro 4 missing a kickstand and with less battery life?
- Is it correct that the USB ports have been moved to the "keyboard" part while the power and volume buttons remain on the "tablet" part?
- When the keyboard is detached (e.g. for comfortably reading e-books), can the "tablet" portion be plugged-in and supplied power?
- Is there still a microSD port or only the full-size SD port?
- Currently the Surface Pro 3 has 2 pen buttons. In the new pen, one of these (the eraser button) has been moved to the top of the pen. The other one (the right-click button) is not visible on the new pen. Where has it gone?
- Does the new pen attach magnetically *only* to the left side of the device, or does the right side also hold it?
- Are models with 1TB SSD, LTE or USB-C options coming?