What's new

Performance Base can be used with any SB Clipboard (screen)

wynand32

Picture yourself in a couple of years - when few will be wanting the Surface Book without the Performance Base, and other products are available. I don't know which way you would feel then, but you would be a bit closer to the technology updates.
Yeah, there are a few things involved, hence the difficulty of the decision. :) Toss in the fact that we'll be seeing a Surface Book 2 at some point, and things get even more complicated.

flar

One thing that I would want to wait for is an update that included a better flash drive. What drive is in the model that came with the performance base? I've checked 2 different demo/display units with the PB and got 2 different drive models...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Surface Book with Performance Base 1TB has:
SAMSUNG MZFLW1T0HMLH-000MV

wynand32

So, I've seen some additional hints that we'll be seeing a Surface Book 2 announced along with Creators Update's release in the March-April timeframe. I think I'll hold off on my notebook purchase to see what might be in store--one rumor I've come across is that there might even be a 15" SB2 with the same 3:2 ratio. That's something I could be very interested in, while granting that it would like be incredibly expensive.

Search tags for this page

can surface book use different performance base

Members online

No members online now.