What's new

Displayport connection issue

yellow

I've been using my SP1 for more than 6 months and everything has been working well.
I recently bought a monitor and it is now connected to it 24/7 with a mini DP to DP cable, but sometimes the image blinks like the the cable is being connected and disconnected every 10 seconds or so, and if i restart windows this issue disappears and it works fine. I think this only happens when waking from sleep/hibernation.
Searched the net and couldn't find anything similar, does anyone know about this issue?

OP
Y

yellow

Anyone with this problem? I still have it happening, even after formatting. Have yet to try on Windows 10.

leeshor

The problem you're having is the same problem some people are having even with no external monitor attached. It's a video driver issue and Intel is supposedly working on a fix.

If you follow the posts re: display flashing - driver crashing on wakeup from sleep it's the same problem.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to be sure have you tried replacing the cable or monitor? Can you run the monitor and or cable from another system with the same resolution without issue? From your description I'm not 100% sure that the issue is exactly the same but it might be.

OP
Y

yellow

I only tried with another monitor and various tvs but with an hdmi adapter. I dont remember if it also happened but microsoft support told me it is a known issue and theres no solution.

OP
Y

yellow

I've since formatted and later updated to W10 and the problem exists like before. Its absurd a company like Microsoft, after acknowledging the problem, offers no solution to such a grave issue that affects daily usability.

I'm pretty sure it's not the monitor or cable's fault, because if i reboot or log out and log in, the problem disappears

ScottyS

. . . I'm pretty sure it's not the monitor or cable's fault, because if i reboot or log out and log in, the problem disappears
Does it stay good after a reboot, or does it later pop up again?
I'd try another cable, just to be sure.