What's new

Do We Like the New Designs!?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm receiving both in full disclosure :) (as are all of the press and analysts who attended (even the jerk from Engaget who wrote the cr@p piece if he was there)

But I still think the Surface 2 will be my go to machine, the Pro 2 will replace my Ivy Bridge Samsung Ultrabook.

oion

Well, I'm receiving both in full disclosure :) (as are all of the press and analysts who attended (even the jerk from Engaget who wrote the cr@p piece if he was there)

But I still think the Surface 2 will be my go to machine, the Pro 2 will replace my Ivy Bridge Samsung Ultrabook.

Oh, that makes sense (receiving by attending the launch event).

Honestly when I first saw photos of the Surface 2, I frowned because I hate the whole "white" getup, like copying the Apple fad-ness, but after looking closer, silver is better (than white)--I would have preferred a darker silver because darker is aesthetically more "professional," but whatever. I suspect that color won't show fingerprints as badly as the first gen vapor-mg cases, at least. I also intend on buying the Microsoft Complete warranty because the new RT v2 has a thinner case. Hmm.

I will admit that I'm completely impressed that they managed to increase battery life while making the Surfaces thinner and lighter and faster at the same time. Quite the engineering feat in that elusive ultramobility triangle (faster, lighter, longer battery life --> pick two). I fully expected the exact same physical specs with only kickstand difference.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, that makes sense (receiving by attending the launch event).

Honestly when I first saw photos of the Surface 2, I frowned because I hate the whole "white" getup, like copying the Apple fad-ness, but after looking closer, silver is better (than white)--I would have preferred a darker silver because darker is aesthetically more "professional," but whatever. I suspect that color won't show fingerprints as badly as the first gen vapor-mg cases, at least. I also intend on buying the Microsoft Complete warranty because the new RT v2 has a thinner case. Hmm.

I will admit that I'm completely impressed that they managed to increase battery life while making the Surfaces thinner and lighter and faster at the same time. Quite the engineering feat in that elusive ultramobility triangle (faster, lighter, longer battery life --> pick two). I fully expected the exact same physical specs with only kickstand difference.

It is the color of the magnesium they use for the case, making it virtually scratch proof....it looks really nice

beman39

Man I'm in the wrong business...lucky s.o.b. lol

demandarin

Launch Event?!?!?!?! I spent 3 days with the Surface Team in New York for the launch. My son is the kid you're seeing in the Surface Stories around the news sites, it was an AP Photo. Panos mentioned him twice in his keynote :)

if you watched the event over, did you see yourself in the crowd? did they get a shot of you? last year I did some testing with asus on transformer prime tablet. first tablet to have and showcase tegra3. I tested experimental builds, gps unit, etc..they definitely looked out for me with a free stuff. I would love to have a job doing something I truly love, which is anything tech related.

surface2 might be the device to really showcase properly the windows rt os. its so fast. I want both new models..lol

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
if you watched the event over, did you see yourself in the crowd? did they get a shot of you? last year I did some testing with asus on transformer prime tablet. first tablet to have and showcase tegra3. I tested experimental builds, gps unit, etc..they definitely looked out for me with a free stuff. I would love to have a job doing something I truly love, which is anything tech related.

surface2 might be the device to really showcase properly the windows rt os. its so fast. I want both new models..lol

I actually haven't had any time to watch the video, we worked the event until almost 3 PM, went to Time Square and Central Park after and then grabbed some Pizza headed back to the Hotel and we left for home this morning...

kristalsoldier

Wow!!!! Lucky you! But Jeff, you don't need TWO machines - since you will predominantly use the Surface 2, I'll email you my address and perhaps you can ship over the Pro 2 to me? Naturally, I'd pay for shipping!

Btw, where is the link to the video?