What's new

Downloading programs on your desktop

7daytheory

Is there ways around the block surface has on downloading programs like iTunes on your desktop. I find the restriction of programs you can install ridiculous.

oion

Is there ways around the block surface has on downloading programs like iTunes on your desktop. I find the restriction of programs you can install ridiculous.

I'm guessing you chose and bought the wrong Surface. Or maybe you got it as a gift?

Double-check your information and do some more research: Windows RT was designed to be a locked tablet OS exactly like Android or iOS--i.e. only apps from the store can be installed.

Surface PRO has the full Windows 8 OS, meaning you can thus install anything you want (Windows-compatible, obviously). Just return it and buy a full OS tablet; maybe you can get an exchange.

demandarin

I guess a perfect example of the confusion of devices. op likely has an RT version. as the pro could install iTunes with no issue.

machistmo

There is a way but it invloves a hack of the OS and a risk of making everything unstable. This is one hack that I never did on my RT device simply because it looked like such a bad idea.

machistmo

I'm shocked that Apple didn't release an App for the 1500 or so RT owners world-wide! Sorry had to say it.