What's new

Everyone at my work uses ipads + laptop, Im the only one who is different

kundas1

Why does this offend you? Consumer products should not be the marker for your identity. That is shallow.

Also, please try to read. I did not ridicule anyone. To think that everyone has to have the same opinion is foolish. Think harder. I am sorry there is no other solution for you.

no one said its a marker for their identity, but EVERYONE has a brand preference which is the norm, but if you don't agree with this then it's YOU who has a problem.. sorry but you did indirectly ridicule people perhaps not intentionally but that's how it came out... as for a solution no one is asking for any solutions , just stating their opinions ;) just look at us mods who have to deal and sift through tons of threads/posts of macs VS MS or ipads VS SP3 or this VS that and it gets frustrating because some people over react and then start arguments... which is what we are trying to avoid.. it's fine that you prefer this device over another but at least have some logical and valid points and just don't make up stuff lol

daniielrp

I know a lot of people like Apple stuff, but Apple is not amazing for productivity. You can do stuff with OSX, but not everything is supported and it has an old version of Office. You can't do anything with an ipad. You can read pdfs and that's about it - if you write a Word document, you can't even view it on an ipad because the formatting messes up. An ipad is a consumption device and it doesn't even consume right.

You know Microsoft released Office for iPad right?

InspectHerGadget

I've not seen it in use, but you need an Office 365 subscription to use Office on an ipad.
I've got it on my iPad but my iPad is really just my tablet for relaxing with while browsing the net or watching a bit of Foxtel on.

I can confirm though that they've done a good job on it, surprisingly so, probably a better implementation than they've done on Windows Phone in fact (where I can't open encrypted excel spreadsheets holding my passwords).

Maximus3D

In my line of work with my photographer colleagues sadly a majority of them are hardcore Apple fans and they all have the latest and great of Apple hardware with them on every gig they shoot.

I always seem to be the only black sheep when i'm sitting there with my PC and now the Surface Pro 3. Personally i look forward to be unique and not like everyone else who works with Apple gear. You will only get noticed when you stand out from the crowd, if you don't then you quickly dissapear in the noise.

One device to rule them all, Microsoft Surface Pro 3. :)

/ Magnus

leeshor

In my line of work with my photographer colleagues sadly a majority of them are hardcore Apple fans and they all have the latest and great of Apple hardware with them on every gig they shoot.

Interesting. Every photographer I know gave up on the Mac platform years ago. They once used a combination of PCs and Macs but after a while realized that at the high end they could purchase 2 faster PCs for each Mac they purchased.

One graphics packaging firm had 4 high end (read expensive) Macs they did most of their design work on but when they needed to do raster image processing they always turned to what was then an older PCs to do it, because it was faster. They were also the only company that still wanted/needed to replace the older Macs with newer Macs rather than PCs. Their reasoning, at the time, was that they were so heavily vested in Mac specific software and peripherals. to the tune of several thousands of dollars.

Even all my printing company customers have made the switch.

Maximus3D

It may vary from country to country and with different type of photographers but those i work with and know they all use Apple laptops and other devices from the same manufacturer. Most of them are press photographers and freelancers like me but also many of the studio shooters work with Apple products since they think they are better, yet they contain the very same components as any regular PC does.

This type of brainwashed behaviour troubles me a bit, it's not something which creative people should have.

/ Magnus

mohcho

Sadly, most people think that all tablets are iPads but clearly that is not the case. Apple has done well as a marketing machine to make tablet = iPad much like facial tissue = Kleenex. My kids understand the difference now as they see me use the SP3 and realize how much more it can do than the iPads that other people have.

I bought my SP3 for work as a test to see how it would function to replace my work laptop and it has been a huge success that I want to start to deploy them to the organization, but sadly, the cost of them en masse is a bit prohibitive, but in time.