What's new

Extended Display w/ Touch Capability

Gman18

I've been using my SP3 as my main PC. I have a Samsung all-in-one PC that has a touch capable display. I connect the SP3 to the Samsung and use the Samsung as an extended display. The display works fine. However, the touch capability doesn't work on the Samsung.

I connect via HDMI to the Samsung. I also connected a USB cable to both - thinking that might send the necessary drivers. But no luck. Any suggestions?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using my SP3 as my main PC. I have a Samsung all-in-one PC that has a touch capable display. I connect the SP3 to the Samsung and use the Samsung as an extended display. The display works fine. However, the touch capability doesn't work on the Samsung.

I connect via HDMI to the Samsung. I also connected a USB cable to both - thinking that might send the necessary drivers. But no luck. Any suggestions?
That would work if you had a Touch Enabled Monitor. Your Samsung AiO has an HDMI pass-through but only for Video. I have a Lenovo Touch enabled Monitor that works using HDMI and a USB Cable.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Samsung is touch enabled.
But it is an AiO and the Touchscreen input is attached internally to the PC BUS and is not externally accessible, video pass-through not touch pass-through. Touch enabled Monitors have a pig-tail that has the USB Adapter with the HDMI usually via a cable split.