What's new

For those who are having WLAN Issues - (Possible Fix - Tested for the last 48 hours)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Download the Surface Pro 3 June Update:

Download Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro firmware and driver packs from Official Microsoft Download Center

For those who are having issues with WiFi, uninstall them and delete the drivers, reboot and allow the earlier drivers to install, then unzip the driver package and update to the June WLAN drivers and they are much more stable without the power drain of the original drivers....

It looks like the Windows Update Install had issues and the manual install seems to fix them... no 6 Mbps issue with now...

unruledboy

look to the bright side for getting the unit late.... good thing is my surface pro 3 just pre-ordered.... by the time I got it, all (you wish!!!) problems should be found and fixed ;)

mohcho

No go. I tried it and installed driver 15.68.3040.75 dated 5/15/2014 from that link and the driver was even worse. Kept on dropped off.

Right now I'm using driver 15.68.3036.67 dated 4/24/2014 and it's stable at 58.5Mbps while on battery.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My been tested on my AC Router, and I'm getting 580-880 Mbps on battery now, I was getting 6 Mbps after Windows Update and the April driver caused me to lose about 1-2 hours of battery life...

mohcho

Ugh... right now the connection is dropping off intermittently. I'm connected to a Cisco N AP with 802.1x authentication. It wasn't having any problems yesterday before I started messing with the drivers.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh... right now the connection is dropping off intermittently. I'm connected to a Cisco N AP with 802.1x authentication. It wasn't having any problems yesterday before I started messing with the drivers.

Do a hard reset boot, power completely down....hold the volume rocker up and press the power button, exit the UEFI screen without making any changes and see if that settles the driver issue down.

mohcho

Just sorta tried that while it was on. Will try it again. My WiFi is rather buggy right now. Good thing I have it plugged into a dock for connectivity.

mohcho

Just tried that and leaving it on the older driver. Are you using the same new driver as I listed above?

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just tried that and leaving it on the older driver. Are you using the same new driver as I listed above?

Yes, after uninstalling the driver and deleting the drivers from device manager, PNP used the April Driver, I went back into device manager and updated the driver using the method above to the May driver that was included in the June Update.

Klownicle

My been tested on my AC Router, and I'm getting 580-880 Mbps on battery now, I was getting 6 Mbps after Windows Update and the April driver caused me to lose about 1-2 hours of battery life...

When connected to your AC Router, what speed is the network adapter when idle?

greatg

Download the Surface Pro 3 June Update:

Download Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro firmware and driver packs from Official Microsoft Download Center

For those who are having issues with WiFi, uninstall them and delete the drivers, reboot and allow the earlier drivers to install, then unzip the driver package and update to the June WLAN drivers and they are much more stable without the power drain of the original drivers....

It looks like the Windows Update Install had issues and the manual install seems to fix them... no 6 Mbps issue with now...

Just wondering if this resolves the coming out of sleep issue and not having any connectivity?