What's new

Frequent BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell them I said to quit screwing around and send you a replacement already. ;)
Well that worked... lol

Actually without prompting I have to send my surface in and they're sending me a "high quality refurbished unit" in return... I should have said "don't know you who I am!! I'm a mod on Surface Forums.net and general surface evangelist!! "ha ha ha.

Actually i was in a local branch of PC-World yesterday and interested to see that they no longer have an Apple area but have a double sized microsoft area. I always have a look at the devices when I'm in there. I'm in love with the SurfaceBook 2 it's such an amazing looking device. First time I've seen the surface go too, not a bad little thing!

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update. I've had the replacement Surface about a month now. First day in it was on duty for my MSc course and since then it's been hammered with connecting to a dock with two monitors and used for programming in Python with PyCharm . No issues whatsoever, it must have been a hardware glitch on the old one :(

CrippsCorner

Well that worked... lol

Actually without prompting I have to send my surface in and they're sending me a "high quality refurbished unit" in return... I should have said "don't know you who I am!! I'm a mod on Surface Forums.net and general surface evangelist!! "ha ha ha.

Actually i was in a local branch of PC-World yesterday and interested to see that they no longer have an Apple area but have a double sized microsoft area. I always have a look at the devices when I'm in there. I'm in love with the SurfaceBook 2 it's such an amazing looking device. First time I've seen the surface go too, not a bad little thing!

I'm still yet to see a Surface Book close up! Neither my local Currys, or John Lewis have them... seen the Surface Go though (and Pixel 3, Google Home Hub etc.)

Where abouts in the country are you?

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still yet to see a Surface Book close up! Neither my local Currys, or John Lewis have them... seen the Surface Go though (and Pixel 3, Google Home Hub etc.)

Where abouts in the country are you?
The PC world I went to was in Enfield.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
How was the quality of your replacement Surface? Was it a refurbished unit, any dings, scratches etc.
I'm wondering if I should risk trying for a replacement. TBH I think my issues are with W10 but it's annoying having to reboot twice a day at least to clear up problems only for them to return in a few hours.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
How was the quality of your replacement Surface? Was it a refurbished unit, any dings, scratches etc.
I'm wondering if I should risk trying for a replacement. TBH I think my issues are with W10 but it's annoying having to reboot twice a day at least to clear up problems only for them to return in a few hours.

It's fine, like new as far as I can see. It's supposed to be a refurb, but I can't see any issues with it. It came in a generic box with no accessories.