What's new

Games on the Pro - Please post experiences here.

parabolee

Thanks. I found an almost identical video but...

Can't get the Bluetooth to work! When I select "Load Driver" for the Bluetooth I get the following error - "ERROR: Call Class Installer fail.. Error code:0xe0000228"

I presume this part worked for you fine? Which is odd as we obviously have the same Bluetooth device in our Surface Pro's!

rrk2013

I installed world of warcraft and at fair settings can play at about 30 fps, I'm going to try LFR today and will post back. I travel a lot, so if I can get this thing working well with wow, im going to be happy.

dlacaba

I can confirm that ePSXe and several PS1 games work without a hitch. I created the ISO from the original games to test, and so far Metal Gear and Vagrant Story play great on it. I have the PS3 controller setup via Bluetooth.

I have installed the newest version of PCSX as well, but I have to create an ISO of a game to test it, so far the emulator runs without issue, though.

I now have NES, SNES, PSX and PS2 setup. This is turning out to be a sweet on the go vintage gaming machine!

PCXS is working well for me. I've had issues with ePSXe though, it doesn't like the 150% zoom. Only tried one game though FFTactics.

Also have Mame setup, I used to use my old Xbox modded 1 as my old school machine, but the Surface Pro's gonna take over, much smaller and easier to take around and I don't have to transfer games to the Xbox before playing them.

wrc2tuning

I dunno about everyone else but I am still stuck with scaling issues even with the latest drivers. There is no other option in the graphics properties for scaling than what is selected, turned the DPI Settings scaling off in the game properties but nothing. Anyone find a solution?

wrc2tuning

Interesting, The game I was playing with earlier and had the problem on, if I Alt+Enter and put it in windowed mode, then Alt+Enter to put it back in full screen it fixes the issue, only negative is having to do that every time the game is stated (Still easier than manual resolution changes).

GoHack

I've been playing the MMORPG game Anarchy Online, w/o any problems, at 1680x 1050 (32 bit) on my external monitor. I did have to correct the display's scale.

It also works fine on the built in display at its full 1920x1080 (32 bit) resolution. No scale adjustment.

In both cases, there appears to be zero lag, w/beautiful graphics. Granted, the game is using DirectX 9.0C level graphics, but improvements are on the way there. ;)

The case does get warm though.

Using Intel Graphics Driver 9.17.10.2932.

Last edited:

Talldog

I'm not much of a gamer, but I enjoy Minecraft on the Xbox, so I bought it for Surface and it runs fine. With the keyboard and wedge mouse, of course.