What's new

Germany still selling 4200U Surface Pros :(

joga

So I finally took a look at the Surface Pro 2 in real. Pretty shocked at how tiny the screen is... anyway, I also wasn't pleased that they're still selling the 4200 CPUs 4/128GB versions. Aren't these all supposed to be "gone" by now?

Also, the 256GB version is.. as usual... out of stock/unavailable :(

BTW, I think I met the most unhelpful salesperson EVER. He was so not interested in selling anything despite me being very interested and said he will not let me make an order in the store for the 8/256GB version even though the shop's website allows it. This is just sad. I guess I'll order from their site.

The guy said it will have to arrive from the US. So I'm going to take my chance and maybe order a 8/256GB version and hope that it arrives with 4300... would be nice after a long wait though not hellbent on changing it if it doesn't.

However, I'm having second thoughts I'm really thinking of getting a Thinkpad Yoga instead as I only want a fairly portable drawing tablet/laptop. It comes with a much bigger screen *and* I found the lenovo site lets me order it with an English keyboard. Yes. A US keyboard in Germany. Incredible!!!!

BTW, I tried the pen on Surface Pro 2 with Fresh Paint... the left upper corner was terrible tracking. I am hoping that firmware updates + calibration will fix it but ofc, I couldn't try to do that on the store.

UPDATE: Went ahead and ordered SP2 8/256 GB ! :D

I life and bought my SP2 128GB in Germany 2 Days ago, and it comes with the 4300U CPU.
joga

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

fonzman78

And here I sit with a SP2 - 256/8GB model with 2 year extended warranty + accidental coverage - and still wish I had the Lenovo Yoga pro with the 12.5" and Wacom instead....

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12.5" on Amazon for $999.

Do the math. Purchased SP2 plus keyboard plus insurance for ~$1300-1400. Sell on eBay or Craigslist all in for ~$900-$1000. Just enough to purchase the Yoga.

Why put up with something you don't like? Have piece of mind. Have what you want.

Be done with it....

kave2

Just received my Surface 2 Pro 256GB and it is the 4200U version. I'm based in Ireland btw. Kinda pissed off tbh. Might be looking for replacement.

OP
Tekn0

Tekn0

Just received my Surface 2 Pro 256GB and it is the 4200U version. I'm based in Ireland btw. Kinda pissed off tbh. Might be looking for replacement.

…. Maybe the US dumps all their returned 4200s to Europe. Because it seems they readily accept returns no questions asked ;)

Except of course if you do a similar return here in Europe, you will have to wait a few months to get a replacement.. from the US. Just hope it is AGAIN a 4200 :D