What's new

Heads roll at Microsoft as CIO bails...

pallentx

I don't really see how a CIO leaving is a sign of much. If it was a marketing guy or someone who is part of setting the direction of a product of division of the company, I might be inclined to think this was a "shakeup". This is basically the head of their internal IT department. Maybe rolling out Windows 8 company-wide was too much for him :LOL:

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I don't really see how a CIO leaving is a sign of much. If it was a marketing guy or someone who is part of setting the direction of a product of division of the company, I might be inclined to think this was a "shakeup". This is basically the head of their internal IT department. Maybe rolling out Windows 8 company-wide was too much for him :LOL:

Did you read the article? There is systemic shakeup going on.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

pallentx

Yes, the article starts off with a heading "Major executive shakeups continue for the world's largest OS maker:" and then goes on to talk about one executive, the CIO who is leaving. Then there's a headline that says "Investors Demand Change" - under that he talks about one vocal minority shareholder who is unhappy, then concludes with a new shareholder who recently bought 1% of the company who is also disgruntled, but not making the same level of demands as Einhorn. It seems this writer likes to write grandiose speculations as headlines, then fails to back them up with actual fact. There may be shake-ups coming down the line at MS (I would kind of like to see that - never been a big fan of Ballmer), but this article does a poor job of presenting evidence of that.

tonyz3

i think along with MS new direction with Win 8 and division structure etc they are going to have some people who dont buy in and move on(whether their choice or the co's) . Co's always use rebranding ( not saying MS is rebranding 100%) as a way to change culture and shake out the people who are not team players or just dont want to change along with it. We have a Rebranding going on with my company rt now which i totally bought into. I like the look etc- and alot of my ideas with technology adaption have been adapted- work from home etc. But the older dogs dont like it and are scratching at the door to get out...... i think they have a word for it EVOLUTION