What's new

Heck Yeah, Got my i5/256GB SPro 3

TeknoBlast

Picked up the SPro 3 256GB model over the weekend and I love it. I did some minor changes to the start screen because of the higher resolution. It was about the look of the amount of apps for each grouped apps. I don’t like the jagged look where one group has three apps and then other has four and then so on. Just doesn’t look clean. Some apps I had to resize some apps to size large to line up each group.

Other than that, tablet performs well, looks great and is a beast of a machine.

I did purchase the type cover and didn’t realize it was backlit until I used it one evening. So that was nice.

I still have my SPro 1, which I’ll probably sell on Craigslist. It does have a Power Cover, so hopefully once posted, it sales fast.

I was planning to get the i7, but from all the reads here comparing the i5 and the i7, the performance was minimal. I don’t do any heavy programming to justify the extra bucks for the i7 and I’m the type to get the highest model possible. This time I didn’t.

Also searched for a nice cover to protect it, but they were all lame sleeves. I wanted something with handles. I ended getting a Swiss bag that’s 13” or 14” and it fits perfectly. Also have another pocket for accessories and other items. I’ll have to take a picture of this when I get home this evening.

I do want to skin it just like the SPro1, but the Ghost Amor kiosk at my local mall shut down, both of them. So now I have to think about where to order one and install it myself.

Reactions: Kif
OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Skin is just for outer protection and I never had any heat issues with the SPro1 and I had the skin on the Pro1 since about day one of purchase.

bluegrass

I'm with you on the Start screen layout of a new Surface. First they put a lot of junk that I'll never use so I unpin those and than I start adding ones that I do want and size them until I get some kind of uniformity.

Didn't quite understand what you meant you changed the start screen because of the high resolution. I do make use of the high resolution by installing a nice background that also serves as my desktop background.

Good luck with your new Surface.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I'm with you on the Start screen layout of a new Surface. First they put a lot of junk that I'll never use so I unpin those and than I start adding ones that I do want and size them until I get some kind of uniformity.

Didn't quite understand what you meant you changed the start screen because of the high resolution. I do make use of the high resolution by installing a nice background that also serves as my desktop background.

Good luck with your new Surface.

I meant that because I set up my SPro1 start screen with uniformed grouped apps, when I fired up the SPro3 and transferred my settings, the grouped apps were not uniformed. That's all I meant.

SPro1, I was allowed three wide apps on one column, while the SPro3 allows four wide apps.

malberttoo

That's awesome you've got a SP3, man I was so excited when mine came and I finally got it out of the package!

I did some minor changes to the start screen because of the higher resolution. It was about the look of the amount of apps for each grouped apps.

You should post a pic of this, I'd love to see what you're talking about.