What's new

High CPU Usage and no Internet Connection

OP
T

totom

You don't need to visit a dangerous site to get an infection. I have had several customer's WEB sites get compromised with x-scripting Java hacks.

I would give it a couple more days before considering reinstalling.

Well, I don't need my Surface until school starts so I think i can wait a few days... Any idea what to try or should I wait and see?

Ive just installed the cumulative update on my S3 and it went from fine to unusable. I currently have office click to run consuming 80bpercent CPU despite not opening it. Before that edge was using 80 percent, and before that, file explorer using 80 percent despite nothing being open. 80 percent seems a recurring number.

Seems that W10 is still in "Open Beta" :) Did you fix it?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I don't need my Surface until school starts so I think i can wait a few days... Any idea what to try or should I wait and see?

Seems that W10 is still in "Open Beta" :) Did you fix it?

It has taken 37 minutes just to make my way back to this thread. My surface is now pretty much a brick. 99% CPU usage. This machine has been on the technical preview, it was perfect (as can be) until I installed last nights update. I still have internet access though.

OP
T

totom

It has taken 37 minutes just to make my way back to this thread. My surface is now pretty much a brick. 99% CPU usage. This machine has been on the technical preview, it was perfect (as can be) until I installed last nights update. I still have internet access though.
Did you try to uninstall the Update (didn't fix it for me...) I still have my Desktop where W10 is running just fine...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you try to uninstall the Update (didn't fix it for me...) I still have my Desktop where W10 is running just fine...

Ha. And I uninstalled it and it didn't fix it either. Luckily my sp3 which has the update is just fine.

It feels just fine once I'm in an app. But if I were to now close and reopen edge it might be quite a while before I get back to this thread.

OP
T

totom

Ha. And I uninstalled it and it didn't fix it either. Luckily my sp3 which has the update is just fine.

It feels just fine once I'm in an app. But if I were to now close and reopen edge it might be quite a while before I get back to this thread.
I can immagine... Let's hope Microsoft fixes it ASAP.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
My surface is still less useful than a brick so i'm having to resort to a reset. Load of rubbish if you ask me.