What's new

hooray - a new Fimware!

zurface

Haven't posted here in a while but wanted to share how ridiculous this situation has been. The december update screwed up my battery indicator pretty badly; regardless of how charged the battery is the indicator doesn't change. it stays at some low percentage and keeps warning me that my battery is low. Now the update just showed up for me this afternoon but... it won't let me install unless it is plugged in and fully charged. which it never does. because the indicator is broken.

So now i'm letting the battery drain for the next few hours in the hope that after charging from empty i can install the update.

mtalinm

Yay! Slept my surface before driving home, and when I got there it was not burning hot. And had full battery.

mennogreg

New firmware hasn't resolved sleep issues on mine. Put it to sleep earlier, after about an hour later went to wake it up, and got the black (off) screen. So no worse, no better.

It did seem to correct battery meter percentage coming out of sleep (used to always revert to 100%), but it's only been less than 24hrs so I'll wait and see if that bug has finally been squashed.

CreativeLemming

New firmware hasn't resolved sleep issues on mine. Put it to sleep earlier, after about an hour later went to wake it up, and got the black (off) screen. So no worse, no better.

It did seem to correct battery meter percentage coming out of sleep (used to always revert to 100%), but it's only been less than 24hrs so I'll wait and see if that bug has finally been squashed.

That's interesting, my experience is exactly the opposite - sleep issue seems to be fixed but battery meter is still broken.

That's interesting, my experience is exactly the opposite - sleep issue seems to be fixed but battery meter is still broken.

Sleep issue seems to be resolved but my device still idles at 30+% CPU utilization (System and System Interrupts) causing the fans to kick in, mild overheating and fast battery drain. This is a brand new replacement device (finally) 100% stock no apps installed

Last edited: