What's new

hooray - a new Fimware!

CreativeLemming

Okay... so I hate to dig up this whole firmware thing again but my problems continue and I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

A couple of days ago (monday), I thought I finally got the firmware update and all my problems would be solved. The biggest problem over the last month and a half has been the battery meter not displaying the correct charge (it would decrease but never increase when charged unless it was fully emptied). I got used to never knowing how long the battery would last. When the update arrived, I drained my battery, charged it to full, and managed to install the firmware update. I thought everything was back to normal but it isn't.

I realized today that the battery meter problem is still there. I went to check on my update history and it's not showing any updates installed since 12/30/2013 and I've definitely been installing every possible update this January. Now I'm not only worried about the battery meter glitch, but also about whether updates have been installing and if I'm going to have to do a full refresh soon... It's disheartening.

The Microsoft statement on this says they only fixed the sleep hibernate issue, not the battery meter problem. This is meant to come in a later release.

David_J

Okay... so I hate to dig up this whole firmware thing again but my problems continue and I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

A couple of days ago (monday), I thought I finally got the firmware update and all my problems would be solved. The biggest problem over the last month and a half has been the battery meter not displaying the correct charge (it would decrease but never increase when charged unless it was fully emptied). I got used to never knowing how long the battery would last. When the update arrived, I drained my battery, charged it to full, and managed to install the firmware update. I thought everything was back to normal but it isn't.

I realized today that the battery meter problem is still there. I went to check on my update history and it's not showing any updates installed since 12/30/2013 and I've definitely been installing every possible update this January. Now I'm not only worried about the battery meter glitch, but also about whether updates have been installing and if I'm going to have to do a full refresh soon... It's disheartening.

I'm seeing the same thing. I had problems with the battery indication, it was always fixed at some low value (7 or 8%).
This is not good because you always get the reminders of low battery even with a full charge.

I installed the system firmware on 21/1 and the issue was gone.

Today the problem returned > battery indication is now fixed at 10% but the battery is fully charged. I hope they solve this issue soon.
I really love my surface pro but things like this are not good.