What's new

How to highlight a nonhyperlinked url and right click to go to that url in Chrome?

THenrich

I have a text which is a url in Chrome. It's not hyperlinked. So I highlight the text and right click. However, I am not getting the right click menu where I can select the Go to.... menu option.

How does the right click work exactly in this case? Do I lift the pen? If I touch the screen after I lift the pen, I lose the highlight. if I keep pressing and right click, I don't get a menu. I got it once but can't remember what I did. It has been a frustrating experience trying to get it to work consistently.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @THenrich,

Welcome to the forum.
Your question concerns Chrome, a production of Google, of course. The context menus (right-click) are set by the application, not by Windows.

Perhaps a Chrome support forum would help you with that.

However, if you have a pen question, the pen has a button (sort of hidden) near the nib end for right-click menus. You will find the button marked with a tiny dimple on the flat surface of the pen barrel.

OP
T

THenrich

It's a pen issue because it happens with other happens. The app doesn't know or care what the input device is. The pen should do whatever the mouse does. I highlight some text with the mouse and then right mouse click and get the context menu. Similarly, with the pen, I should be able to highlight and press the nib and get the same menu. it doesn't. I found a way to make it work and it's absurd. Press the nib, lift the pen while keep pressing the nib, place the pen on the surface, release the nib and left the pen again. This is ridiculous.

The Chrome people can't help because it's not a Chrome issue. They make a browser which is used by a mouse. The pen is an unconventional input device.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On the highlighted text press and old until you see the "ring cursor" lift slightly and select the right click menu...I'll see if I can post a screen-cast after I install Camtasia.

Here you go -

Last edited: