What's new

How to overcome bouncy keyboard syndrome...

mitchellvii

If you use a case with your SP to get a better viewing angle than the kickstand offers, you may have noticed that your keyboard has a tendency to "bounce" a bit when typing because your case causes the keyboard not to lie flat upon the table. A simple way to improve this (albeit not eliminate it completely) is to place the fuzzy side of 3 Velcro squares along the bottom front of the keyboard. This dampens the bounce effect significantly.

If you wish to eliminate the bounce completely, just get a thin sheet of black packing foam cut to fit the underside of the keyboard and use non-permanent double-sided tape to attach it. This raises the entire keyboard about 1/8 inch above the table but pretty much completely eliminates any bounce.

picture001.jpg
picture002.jpg

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

One other somewhat obscure but possibly useful point.

If you have noticed the viewing angles while using your SP on the dining room table seem better than at your office desk there is a reason for that. The typical dining room table is about 30 inches high while the typical desk is 28 inches high. I used some bricks to raise my office desk an extra 2 inches and have found that my posture is much better and my back hurts less after long hours typing. Also put the SP screen more at eye level as opposed to pointing at my chest.

** In defense of the SP's extremely steep viewing angle, I have noticed that the Samsung ATIV 700 has approximately the same angle when attached to the keyboard. My only guess is that they are focus-testing these devices on 8 year old girls because no full grown adult above 5'2" would appreciate this viewing angle.

lkailburn

My only guess is that they are focus-testing these devices on 8 year old girls because no full grown adult above 5'2" would appreciate this viewing angle.

LOL that was the same thing i thought.."how short were the people they tested this on?!"
Btw, which case are you using

tonyz3

Lol. Packing foam on your keyboard, bricks under your desk. you will try anything. :tongue:

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I bought the TYPE cover and therefore don't have this issue?!? Mine never 'bounces'.

If you have a case and it doesn't lie flat on the table then yes, even the type cover will bounce. I tried the Type Cover but it was so noisy my clients asked me if I was typing when i was on the phone with them. Can't have that. I much prefer the Touch Cover as I barely have to touch the keys for them to work. The Type Cover was constantly missing keystrokes.