What's new

How to view my notes on other devices.

nalbagli

Hi, today I was editing a PDF document on Drawboard PDF (with notes written with surface pen), and after I was finished I saved the document as .pdf, but after that when I send the file to my mail, I couldn't see my writing on my mac or iphone.

Is this normal?
Is there any way to be able to see my notes on other devices such as my macbook or iphone?

Thanks

leeshor

I think I know who has an answer for this but it isn't me at least not for sure. Moving this to the apps forum

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You just need to right click or whatever gesture you personally use to rbing up the menu bars, go to the bottom right where it sais more, and then select flatten annotations. Now when you save, it will also save the annotations into the pdf.

OP
N

nalbagli

You just need to right click or whatever gesture you personally use to rbing up the menu bars, go to the bottom right where it sais more, and then select flatten annotations. Now when you save, it will also save the annotations into the pdf.
Thanks I will try it right now!

Liam2349

In my experience, Drawboard saves annotations without flattening them. It could just be that the other software you're using doesn't support the features that Drawboard does.

I've been in lectures before where people have pointed out 'mistakes' in the lecture notes to the lecturer, as their iPad can't display the file correctly. However this should be resolvable if you download a better PDF app than the stock Apple one.

Also, beware that flattening the annotations means you can no longer edit them.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my experience, Drawboard saves annotations without flattening them. It could just be that the other software you're using doesn't support the features that Drawboard does.

I've been in lectures before where people have pointed out 'mistakes' in the lecture notes to the lecturer, as their iPad can't display the file correctly. However this should be resolvable if you download a better PDF app than the stock Apple one.

Also, beware that flattening the annotations means you can no longer edit them.

Good observation. I just tested this, and as you say, you don't "have" to flatten them. I just scribbled on a pdf without flattening and emailed it to myself. On the SP3 both reader and drawboard show the scribble, however if i download the attachment on my android device and open with the default pdf reader, the scribble is not there. So yes, clearly it is dependent on the pdf reader.