What's new

Hyper V question.

Kris

Read somewhere that you can turn Hyper V on, change the power management setting on the network adapter to not turn off to save battery life, then turn Hyper V back off and the setting should stay and that could fix your network problems. Every time I do this afterwards if I use the power button, to enter sleep mode, or let the screen turn, I have power my SP3 back up using volume up plus the power button. My SP3 refuses to sleep just powers off. Is there a way around this?

Sorry if I have already asked this using a few different forums and tend to mix things up.

Do you see the standby option in the power button of the Start Screen? If you don't see it that means that you still have Hyper V active.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
The sleep option comes back yes, no Hibernate but not sure if I had that in the first place. Doing this will also stop it from restarting, it just turns off and I have to use the volume down plus power button to get it to come back on.

Edit: Seems to be something with changing the setting because when I turn off the power saver setting it also turns off the enable to wake the device with the network adapter. If I turn Hyper V back on and change those settings back on then turn Hyper V back off it seems to go back to normal...

Last edited:
Back