What's new

i broke the pen holder on sp3 type cover already

wmqiadm

At MS store, I broke the sp3 pen holder already. Apparently the pen holder on the cover is taped with a poor quality glue to the cover.

Also noticed 2 design issues with sp3, first the home button on the right side is pain in a** as it easily gets pressed by palm rest while using the pen. Second when sp3 is used with the new type cover with its second level the tilting level attached to sp3, the bottom-up swipe becomes very difficult.

apart from these little quirks, sp3 I think is the best usable tablet out there.

Klownicle

At MS store, I broke the sp3 pen holder already. Apparently the pen holder on the cover is taped with a poor quality glue to the cover.

Also noticed 2 design issues with sp3, first the home button on the right side is pain in a** as it easily gets pressed by palm rest while using the pen. Second when sp3 is used with the new type cover with its second level the tilting level attached to sp3, the bottom-up swipe becomes very difficult.

apart from these little quirks, sp3 I think is the best usable tablet out there.

I saw this coming a mile away when it wasn't PART of the design. Its glue, it will only last soo long. Useless addition to solve the problem imho. I won't be applying it. Think of it like a bumper sticker on your car, eventually you take it off and the rest of the car has faded.

As far as the button goes, Microsoft is working on a solution already, to disable the button when the pen is active on the screen (hover/writing etc).

There is no bottom swipe when using the cover in its new position, the bottom swipe is the same thing as the top swipe. Just use that instead as by design.

tuchas

This is supposed to be fixed in the firmware upgrade that is available tomorrow (launch day). Already at the MS Store, I noticed yesterday when you place your palm on screen when using the pen, the Windows button is disabled.

Other fixes - double click the pen button and it turns into an instant screen capture for OneNote; power problem that has plagued the early review units have been resolved; you can choose to go into the desktop version of OneNote when clicking the pen button vs. the Metro OneNote app.

SolidSurface

I guess it really isn't a big surprise that a glued/taped on pen holder isn't holding up long term. If you use the pen a lot like I do it looses its stick real fast. I also agree with your comments about the second level tilting getting in the way of the bottom-up swipe, but it is a more tolerable issue that I can work around. My frustration with the pen holder sent me searching for a solution. After trying several different options, I came across what I believe to be the best current solution for storing the Surface Pen / Stylus. I now use mine everyday and love it. Not easy to find, but worth the searching. If you are interested you can check it out.
Links removed

Last edited by a moderator: