What's new

I guess this was my first BSOD?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never had one on Windows 8 or 10 before so I don't know what they look like but I guess this is wahat a BSOD looks like now, that I got today?

WP_20151227_22_19_20_Pro.jpg

So do I need o do anything? I was just thinking that my surface pro 3 was running pretty well recently with little fan noise and stunning responsiveness from the new keyboard trackpad too (no glitches at all) then this happened.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just happened again. Looking in the reliability history I see lots of unexpected shut downs / windows not properly shut down just today.

I think the something is screwy with the power/sleep settings...??

Any ideas?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shirley [sic] someone around here has done it, I haven't.
Probably something like disable CS, and set it to hibernate but I may have omitted a step.
I use lots of Coffee, repetitive activity, face palming/slapping, and loud music personally. :D

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, I have a sneaking suspicion it may be AVAST, which I installed after I had problems with Defender not starting.

jrioux

Never had one on Windows 8 or 10 before so I don't know what they look like but I guess this is wahat a BSOD looks like now, that I got today?
Now that you mention it, I haven't seem the BSOD in the 5+ years that I've been using Win 7 and 8.1.

I guess this is one more reason to wait to install Win 10. They should get all the bugs worked out eventually, no? :rolleyes:

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh I'd seen a few on Win 7 on my work PC's. I couldn't get Defender to activate again so I did a reset. First time I've reset my Surface since I got it. Defender is starting OK now thankfully.