What's new

Images / Photos App

OP
T

twoelfer

No. it's on the surfaces 'c' drive, inside the Images library folder.

How would i find out if the folder is a "junction" ? (although i doubt it is such a thing [after all, all my Image Folders have been created by robocoy when i copied a Folder structure from a Network drive to the surface], i'm quite willing to check if you tell me how to do this.)

thanks,
-thomas

ArnoldC

On the Desktop, go to File Manager, click on the Pictures under Libraries, under Library Tools click Manage, click Manage library, and then it will show you a list of folders that belong to the Pictures library. The mounted volumes and normal volumes show normally (sic), but the junctions will have an ARROW in the folder's icon.

ArnoldC

Remove the folder from the library and add it again. Let's see if it works.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
T

twoelfer

move the Folder to the Desktop. terminated the Images app and started it again: Folder was gone. terminated the Images app. moved the Folder from Desktop back to the library. started the Images app: Folder is displayed as an empty Grey rectangle.

(btw: something automatically capitalizes some words while i'm typing into this Forums message Editor... )

OP
T

twoelfer

maybe is still did not explain the Setup completely...

i have the "normal" Pictures Folder (c:\users\MyAccount\Pictures). This Folder contains other Folders, and These Folders contain the Images.

in the library, i only have the Folder c:\users\MyAccount\Pictures. The Folder that is displayed with a Grey rectangle is c:\users\MyAccount\Pictures\OneOfTheSubfolders.

the first attempt was to remove "OneOfTheSubfolders" and add it again. This did not help.

Now, i removed "c:\users\myAccount\Pictures" completely (by going to managa libraries -> remove Folder), and than re-added that Folder. This did not help either.

ArnoldC

Clear. Let's try this-

1. Create a new folder, i.e., C:\Photos
2. Copy any folder with photo into that folder
3. Add C:\Photos into the Pictures Library
4. Check if folder and contents appear in the application

ArnoldC

Can we check if the Index servie is running-

Start -> Run -> services.msc

That will bring up the Services.

In the list, look for Windows Search, and see if it's running.

BTW, does this anomaly happens with your Music? or Videos?

OP
T

twoelfer

my rt device does not have a start button, but i did find the Services anyway. the Windows search Service is running on that machine.

Music: i only have 6 Albums on the device as i Keep all my Music on a Network drive and haven't been able to figure out how to use the Music on that drive from the Music app. for the Albums i have, the Music app Displays the cover art.

i don't have any vidoes on the device.