What's new

iMessage/SMS on Surface Pro

tsimmons

New guy here, looked through the forum to see if this has already been asked/solved, couldn't find anything so forgive me if it has.
I work in IT support and my company recently bought us Sufrace Pro 4's as an all in one device, minus the cell phone. The Sufrace is great, does nearly everything I want it to, but the one annoying thing is being able to carry it around with me, do everything I need, and still have to continually take my iPhone out of my pocket/holster to read/respond to text messages. Does anyone know of a way to forward/sync text messages from in iPhone to a Windows device without jailbreaking the (company's) phone?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I would expect that an app would be developed to run on a MacBook, and act as a server, forwarding iMessage items.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt it will happen. Apple dont like the notion of people not having to buy their hardware to use their software.

Orlbuckeye

New guy here, looked through the forum to see if this has already been asked/solved, couldn't find anything so forgive me if it has.
I work in IT support and my company recently bought us Sufrace Pro 4's as an all in one device, minus the cell phone. The Sufrace is great, does nearly everything I want it to, but the one annoying thing is being able to carry it around with me, do everything I need, and still have to continually take my iPhone out of my pocket/holster to read/respond to text messages. Does anyone know of a way to forward/sync text messages from in iPhone to a Windows device without jailbreaking the (company's) phone?

Well there are many apps that can do this if you want a separate number which could be convenient. The thing is these apps require Wifi connections. Textnow is one app and you can find a few in the Windows Store. Skype or Viber could also be used.

unknown_soldier

Have a look at mysms. I use it on Android and it forwards my texts to my surface. I don't think it will solve the imessage question though.

Orlbuckeye

Well it doesn't matter what client is on the other end with textnow. You can download Textnow on an Apple device and send to a number for you in Textnow on Android, Mac OS, iOS and Windows devices.

[Link removed by Moderator]

sarahwilliam

Imessage for pc is a top rated messaging application. iOS has been proved revolutionary in the field of mobile phones and computer.It has given many facilities and features to its users which includes an app store, safari browser and much more. If you want to know the uses of it, you must follow this guide on imessage for pc.

LivBor

Well it doesn't matter what client is on the other end with textnow. You can download Textnow on an Apple device and send to a number for you in Textnow on Android, Mac OS, iOS and Windows devices.

[Link removed by Moderator]

This app is excellent! Delivers what it offers. Calls are clear; it's 100% reliable. I highly recommend it. But maybe it only works correctly in Canada and the US. I came back to Japan a few days ago, my text notifications sometimes went up but not the messages; my calls had been dropping. I've tried the other version on Apknite but it's totally the same.

Last edited by a moderator: