What's new

Incipio "capture" and "feather" cases for Surface

Camp Ranger

That's a shame. There's still no other molded cases on the market besides this. :/ I don't suppose it's under warranty for a refund.

Wonder if people with the Capture case are happy with that ruggedness (no kickstand/keyboard use).

I have a capture case and love it had to make some minor changes to make it better, now it does what I need. I am using a type cover 2 along with the wireless adaptor. I replaced the stock hand holder with the Handeholder I like the fact I can take it off and it comes with a plexi piece that acts as a stand.

OP
O

oion

I have a capture case and love it had to make some minor changes to make it better, now it does what I need. I am using a type cover 2 along with the wireless adaptor. I replaced the stock hand holder with the Handeholder I like the fact I can take it off and it comes with a plexi piece that acts as a stand.

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure it'll help others' buying decisions given that it's the only product on the market for SPro/2 of that nature (that I know of, at any rate). Didn't know about the extra piece that essentially replaces the built-in kickstand, nice.

Camp Ranger

Check out the Hand-e-holder
handeholder.com
I love how it works and the way the handle feels along with the fact that it can be easily be remover unlike the one that comes with the capture case. They also have other mounts that work in conjunction with the hand-e-holder, I have yet to try any of them but some have possibilities for use on camp.

volumnus

I had a bad experience with my feather case that arrived today. I'm sending it back tomorrow.

1. The part that surrounds the stand was too tight, causing the stand to bow inward. The stand would therefore not close flushly. I worried that the stand might eventually bend or even break. I have $1,400 invested in this Surface Pro 2 tablet.

2. Every time I deploy the stand the three clips unsnap and the case separates. I have to reassemble it every time I use the stand.

Mine was the black model. It had the spongy material, not magnets. As I stated, I have the surface pro 2. The crappiest part of the deal is that I had an absolutely perfectly installed screen protector that got fouled up by taking the case off and on and trying to get it to work properly. I will probably just buy a cheap fintie folio case off ebay. I've had really good luck with those in the past on my Nexus 7 and a couple of iPads. I really wanted this to work.

Zkyevolved

Has anyone bought a feather case as of recently? Have the issues been fixed?

Also, just a question, can you fold the keyboard back and use it as a tablet without having to disconnect the keyboard from the device?

revmike

Yes you can. I never had any issues with mine, but I did remove it two weeks ago. I got tired of the extra bulk, plus I'm waiting for the freedom case to arrive.