What's new

Inking in Adobe Reader

Tsurugaya

Now that I have the SP3 I started to use the pen as my primary annotation tool in Adobe Reader. I know it has a pencil tool (looks more like a pencil than a pen) and I tried it a few times unsuccessfully with a mouse. Hence, I looked forward to trying it again now that I actually hold a "pencil" in my hand. Lo and behold, the inking is horrible, nothing at all like Journal or OneNote.
I realize that there are other annotators out there, but Reader has some tools that I like and I'm too lazy to learn a new application. Does anyone know if Adobe is working on improving their inking capability?

malberttoo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that I have the SP3 I started to use the pen as my primary annotation tool in Adobe Reader. I know it has a pencil tool (looks more like a pencil than a pen) and I tried it a few times unsuccessfully with a mouse. Hence, I looked forward to trying it again now that I actually hold a "pencil" in my hand. Lo and behold, the inking is horrible, nothing at all like Journal or OneNote.
I realize that there are other annotators out there, but Reader has some tools that I like and I'm too lazy to learn a new application. Does anyone know if Adobe is working on improving their inking capability?
Hi, I don't know what Adobe may do in the future. The Surface is on their radar though, as of course they were a major star in the keynote with Panos Panay.

Some options though are Drawboard PDF, which I really like for annotating PDF's.

I used to use PDF Annotator back in the day, but it's a little pricey, and not nearly as good on a touch device IMHO as Drawboard.

Hope it helps.

Search tags for this page
adobe acrobat inking

adobe reader inking

can i edit pdf in adobe reader using pen
ink support adobe reader
inking adobe acrobat
inking with adobe acrobat on surface pro
surface pen adobe acrobat
surface pen adobe reader
windows ink adobe reader
write with pen on adobe acrobat