What's new

Intel HD Graphics Family driver crashes

Fluw7

Hi,
I got the driver version 10.18.15.4256 from the 17th July 15. But if I want to watch a video, there is a message, that this driver has been recovered by windows, and i have to close the program with which i wachted the video.
There is a beta driver for this but i couldnt install it cause windows didnt allowed it..
Can anyone help me?

Thx,
Fluw7

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to install the reference driver you will need to download the zipped version and manually install it, do a search of the forums as there are many posts that will walk you through the process.

kevinbrown9857

Hi,
I got the driver version 10.18.15.4256 from the 17th July 15. But if I want to watch a video, there is a message, that this driver has been recovered by windows, and i have to close the program with which i wachted the video.
There is a beta driver for this but i couldnt install it cause windows didnt allowed it..
Can anyone help me?

Thx,
Fluw7

I have the same display driver on my device and it crashes all the time, hopefully a fix will be available soon.

rege0039

Has anyone installed these drives with Build 11082 ? If do, how they been going ? All the development effort seems to be on SP4/Surface Book and all their problems but I often get driver crashes.

Also, are there any better guides on how to install the none signed drivers than the one here ?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone installed these drives with Build 11082 ? If do, how they been going ? All the development effort seems to be on SP4/Surface Book and all their problems but I often get driver crashes.

Also, are there any better guides on how to install the none signed drivers than the one here ?
I'm using them on 11082 - I've had a couple of DD Crashes that recover, both while on Facebook using Edge with Flash disabled, some artifacting but overall fairly stable and they work well with Connected Standby

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Any comments/advice on how to install or is the page I linked to a sufficient guides ?
. Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".

2. Click "Device Manager" on the left.

3. In the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".

IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 5

4. Double-click "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" if present under
"Other Devices". (Go to step 6) - (Only if you uninstalled the driver previously and it didn't reinstall).

5. Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.

6. In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".

7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9. Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".

10. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you
downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the
.INF file. Click "Open".

11. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install
the driver.

12. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now
be loaded.