What's new

Jumped onboard

Derekamoss

Well it happened. SP4 lost it's life last night and since warranty was out decided to go with the Surface Book i5 128gb. Downgrade on the storage but that's all. Kicking myself for throwing away all the adapters for my micro SD card now lol.! Currently upgrading to 1809. Would have been nice if the Surface Image was 1809 but came with 1709.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news is, once you update - the Recovery Drive will also update to 1809, so if you have to reset your machine, you won't need to update to 1809 each time. I have been using Windows since Windows 1.o mid 1985. (Man I am old) and I have stuck with it. I am here to tell you, Microsoft has really done well with Windows 10 Pro. Super stable, reliable system.

I recently started with the Windows Pro/Surface Book devices with the SP4 as my very first. I had to get a refurbished SP4 due to a screen issue, but other than that little hiccup - I am very happy with both my SP4 and my SB2 (i7, 1TB) beast of a machine. I recently downloaded Assassin's Creed Odyssey and cranked up the video settings - it played flawlessly for hours on my 75 Inch LG Television. I have nothing but good things to say about the Surface Book 2 - What a beast of a machine. Enjoy!

OP
D

Derekamoss

Good news is, once you update - the Recovery Drive will also update to 1809, so if you have to reset your machine, you won't need to update to 1809 each time. I have been using Windows since Windows 1.o mid 1985. (Man I am old) and I have stuck with it. I am here to tell you, Microsoft has really done well with Windows 10 Pro. Super stable, reliable system.

I recently started with the Windows Pro/Surface Book devices with the SP4 as my very first. I had to get a refurbished SP4 due to a screen issue, but other than that little hiccup - I am very happy with both my SP4 and my SB2 (i7, 1TB) beast of a machine. I recently downloaded Assassin's Creed Odyssey and cranked up the video settings - it played flawlessly for hours on my 75 Inch LG Television. I have nothing but good things to say about the Surface Book 2 - What a beast of a machine. Enjoy!
I have the low end Surface Book so no gaming on it but that's what my XBOX ONE X Scorpio Edition for. What's funny is I only have a 20 inch tv that's old as hell in my setup so most of the time im streaming the xbox to the Surface because even though its smaller screen it looks a heck of a lot better.